Well What dya know - TA is 2 years old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
Well, What d?ya know! The TA is 2 years old!

off I went along the N1 to Butterfly world ? Klapmuts and then to Simondium in the shade by the church.

062bday01nn6.jpg

Then over Franschoek pass for another stop on the downward side.
Past the now fuller Theewaterskloof dam
and through Villiersdorp and on towards Worcester. Going out of Villiersdorp I passed a row of shiny Hardly motorcycles, the riders all spending money at the restaurant thingy.
At de Hoop I broke from tradition as I took a right onto gravel going towards

062bday7yc9.jpg

Hammanshof but took the left at the Y at Weltevrede and as I was about to rejoin the R43 the carnival cavalcade of Hardlys passed on their way to Worcester. It was not long and I had caught up with them and dropping a gear sped past the cruisin? group. I then took a left to explore the gravel at Kwagaskloof when they droned past me again.
Here I found that the gravel turned to cement for a distance and then to gravel again as I looped back towards Villiersdorp.

062bday10cs9.jpg

I passed Klipbokkop ? a 4x4 academy.
And did a little exploration at High Africa.
A bridge under the R43

062bday15ob9.jpg

and back again

062bday18si6.jpg

I took the Over-Hex road and took a right to Memel.

This led me to the R60 Worcester to Robertson road where I did a short left toward Worcester and then a quick right at Over-Hex.

A little further along the N1 I explored a little gravel road between the canal and the railway line and the N1.

062bday21rd6.jpg

Then back towards Over-Hex on the old road I found another interesting gravel road that took me to Boschkloof.

062bday25hf5.jpg

And a bit further along another dam

062bday26rn9.jpg

Some interesting paths here.

062bday29rg0.jpg

062bday30va4.jpg

062bday31vw9.jpg

062bday32sf3.jpg

Back on the N1 to Worcester and on home via Slanghoek and Rawsonville for a fuel stop and then a high speed ride over Du Toit?skloof pass where I tootles a pair of GS riders along the side, having a break.

In a nutshell:
Two years and no trouble at all. 44000km ? one front tyre, one set front brake pads, one chain two rear tyres, two rear tubes, two licences and a partridge in a pear tree ? oh and a hell of a lot of petrol not to mention all the smiles. One speedo drive replaced under warrantee.
One fall on right side due to slippery mud ? right front fairing cracked and replaced - insurance, (one right hand clavicle broken and healed). One almost drop to the right hand side ? rescued within inches but the mirror shattered on touching a wall.

As usual more pics at: https://droffarc.wikispaces.com/2006Bday_run