Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Pepper spray on bike?  (Read 1291 times)

shark_za

Re: Pepper spray on bike?
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 03:45:37 pm »
For dogs I use a steel capped boot or a 180gr hollow point at 980fps.
A 21 inch wheel seems stable enough to ride over most dogs though.

Offline Tonteldoos

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 08:50:19 pm »
Fitted with velcro to the handle bar
Challenge = Innovation = Change

Offline krazy-eyes

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 09:06:59 am »
i have used it in my defense before with good results.

one time i rode with my mountainbike to a nearby shopping centre to look for a birthday present for my wife.
it is one of those open air strip mall type settings like fourways crossing.
i wasnt bugging anyone, just riding at a snails pace in the parkinglot and stopping infront of some of the shop windows to look at the goods on offer whilst sitting on my bike.

one of the security guards, who was constantly giving feedback to the control room via walkie talkie, approached me and told me i wasnt allowed to ride there.
my reply was that i indeed wasnt riding as i was sitting on a stationary bike, half a metre from the parkinglot. (yes, i was on the sidewalk, but fact is, i wasnt riding or being an obstruction or anything.)
was i now being discriminated against because i chose to go shopping on a bicycle?

arguing with a moron would get me nowhere, so i slowly started riding away, the twatwaffle got huffy and decided that he wanted to be the hero who "apprehended the criminal" and started grabbing at me.
like a shot i had the pepperspray out and firing at him!
(getting apprehended and detained by half wit security, and inevitably by metro police, on a saturday was not my scene, and i most certainly could have kissed my bike goodbye - which is probably what they were after)
he instantly knew what i had in my hand and bowed his head, but still refused to let go of my shirt.
i kept firing!
eventually, in the confusion of it all, i must have got some in his eyes. he let go and didnt pursue me.
i rode away before more guards could be summoned :laughing4:

so YES, it DOES work in an emergency situation.

Offline Boerie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 11:55:38 am »
i have used it in my defense before with good results.

one time i rode with my mountainbike to a nearby shopping centre to look for a birthday present for my wife.
it is one of those open air strip mall type settings like fourways crossing.
i wasnt bugging anyone, just riding at a snails pace in the parkinglot and stopping infront of some of the shop windows to look at the goods on offer whilst sitting on my bike.

one of the security guards, who was constantly giving feedback to the control room via walkie talkie, approached me and told me i wasnt allowed to ride there.
my reply was that i indeed wasnt riding as i was sitting on a stationary bike, half a metre from the parkinglot. (yes, i was on the sidewalk, but fact is, i wasnt riding or being an obstruction or anything.)
was i now being discriminated against because i chose to go shopping on a bicycle?

arguing with a moron would get me nowhere, so i slowly started riding away, the twatwaffle got huffy and decided that he wanted to be the hero who "apprehended the criminal" and started grabbing at me.
like a shot i had the pepperspray out and firing at him!
(getting apprehended and detained by half wit security, and inevitably by metro police, on a saturday was not my scene, and i most certainly could have kissed my bike goodbye - which is probably what they were after)
he instantly knew what i had in my hand and bowed his head, but still refused to let go of my shirt.
i kept firing!
eventually, in the confusion of it all, i must have got some in his eyes. he let go and didnt pursue me.
i rode away before more guards could be summoned :laughing4:

so YES, it DOES work in an emergency situation.

you must have given him a PK !!!! it burns more and might even leave a scar of some sort !! bluddy asshole!
GS1150
YFZ450

Offline luke

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 12:33:40 pm »
Secuuurittty offfissers: Never underestimate the power of a group of idiots !
Grey haired riders don't get that way by pure luck ! !

Offline malgat (RIP)

• RIP 17/06/1953 - 29/10/2009
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • IF WE LIVED BY THE RULES WE'd NEVER HAVE ANY FUN
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 01:55:45 pm »
ja i wanted to say that you can buy a bicycle version,,,

works very cool,,,especially for taxi's..

once i was in the traffic and there was an attempt for a smash and grab and the ladies in the car just pulled out there bodyspray deodorant and pointed it at the perbs??

they ran away,,,which proves monkeys are aware of this,,,even in moz
IEP KRUGER
Suzuki TS400
KTM 125
AFRICA TWIN XRV750

Offline Cane Rat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
  • Doing time in Angola
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 01:57:12 pm »
Remember in the old Rhodesia, farmers mounted short muzzels at right angles from each other on the corners of their vehicles. These were loaded with 12 gauge shotgun shells. They could be fired from the cab. Maybe someting like that. press a button and BOOM, problem is gone.
Wat ek is, is net genade.
Wat ek het, is net geleen!
(Koos du Plessis)

Offline cat_the_real_one

• Puppy
  • Bike: Bajaj (all models)
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 03:29:12 pm »
If you have enough time to stop, draw pepper spray and release it, you have enough time to get away.

Pepper spray cannot stop rocks.  ;)

Use your noodle and carry a kettie.  >:D
It's not for rocks, obviously. It's for situations like the grabbing hands and the security guard. Catty takes two hands, and you have to load it first and keep reloading.

and if you like, I can show you how pepper spray works with cars riding on your arse.
Pulsar (not "all models"), superduke, KDX, MZ 660 SM

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 04:47:15 pm »
If you have enough time to stop, draw pepper spray and release it, you have enough time to get away.

Pepper spray cannot stop rocks.  ;)

Use your noodle and carry a kettie.  >:D
It's not for rocks, obviously. It's for situations like the grabbing hands and the security guard. Catty takes two hands, and you have to load it first and keep reloading.

and if you like, I can show you how pepper spray works with cars riding on your arse.

Maybe that comment belongs under a new thread: Road rage: How to f*ck up other road users that irritate the shit out of you.

As a passive defensive measure on a motorcycle pepper spray is limited. As you rely on left hand (clutch) and right hand (throttle) to operate your motorcycle, it means that you have to come to a standstill to use it. Which puts you in more danger than just riding off would. Duh.

And anyway, what if the guy in the car packs a Glock?
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline lecap

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 11:10:44 pm »
Best method of getting rid of a moron who thought 2m was a safe following distance on the Autobahn at 160km/h at night was pushing the centre stand down. When the cloud of sparks in my rear view mirror cleared he was about 100m back :evil6:
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)