ATGATT? Only learnt about that today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XT Girl

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
First time I saw the term used, was on a post on here today --

I learnt to ride in SA. Never wore anything more than flip-flops and shorts... even rode to school every day, right up to final year, wearing my SCHOOL DRESS, ankle socks & babydoll shoes.

Scrapes, bruises and roasties were part of riding - it never, ever occured to me to wear any protective clothing other than a helmet.

Moving to the UK, I was OUTRAGED at how everyone trussed up like chickens!

Learnt the ATGATT lesson a couple of years ago though, on a brand new GSXR600 in the streets of London ...  thought you might find it amusing:

www.xtgirls.co.uk/left.html said:
My Left Foot

I have always argued vigorously and righteously against changing into full bike gear, when going on a short hop.

What is the POINT of taking 15 minutes to kit up to the tees, just to spend 10 minutes on the bike - to THEN have to spend another 15 minutes unkitting on the other end!

So - on this auspicious occasion, I sneaked out, making sure my then partner - a.k.a. Brigadier of Road Safety and Constricting Clothing Enforcer - don't spot me riding his Gixter, with my caterpillar boots on.

Still can't figure out how it happened - but riding along, I became aware that my shoelace had come undone, and it was tangled around the gear lever....  (Read rest here >- )