Sit up and Beg the Exploits of XRV-Boy, Episode 3. Die Kaalgat Kudu!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRV-Boy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
The needle krept past the 5000 rpm mark as I twisted the ear of the XRV, hunched low over the bars I slid out from behind the truck, up into 5th, the purr of the twin becoming a growl as the speedo registered 140km/h. Then sillence, no wind , no truck wheels grinding the tar next to me. Just nothingness, Rider and Bike hunched low over the road, moving swiflty next to the big 18 wheeler. The needle touched 160 as I slid past the cab of the truck and was spat out into the open road ahead.

We had left at around 11 that morning after a brief stop at KTM CT to pick up a new helmet for my cousin and a pair of riding pants for myself, The plan was simple- at this stage there was not one.

My cousin had to return to Wilderness with the police bike that honda george had loaned him and I for lack of a better idea desided to join him on the trip up the coast, heading up the N1 through the tunnel, (a little tip for the future, dont wear sunglasses while going trough the tunnel, 1- You CANT see ANTHING and 2- you CANT see ANYTHING). through to swellendam and then on to the N2 to George and Wilderness. The ride up had been pretty univentfull apart from the bit through the tunnel and one or two trucks that refused to remove themselves from the fast lane, I had tried my best to keep up with my cousins white 189km/h police commet and hadd ridenw ith him until george, It is here that my adventure began..