Group of Harleys - Riding Rules?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I was in Clarens this weekend. So were A LOT of Harleys. The Pretoria and Joburg chapters. They spent the night there. We bumped into groups of them on both days. Sheeit! But they live their brand. They have Harley everything on.

On the drive back to Jhb on Sunday we got caught behind a flock of them on the freeway. They had an ambulance sitting a few hundred meters back. There was a sweeper with a Think Bike type jacket over his Leathers with SWEEPER on his back and his hazards flashing, then 40 or 50 Harleys, then 5 or six more think bike jacketed bikes, some with LEADER or GROUP CAPTAIN and other “I’m king dingaling” type rubbish riding in the front also with their hazards flashing.

Ok, so they like to dress funny and ride in formation but why oh why must they ride in the fast lane? We tried to overtake the group using the slow lane but a truck got in the way. So back behind them we go. Then the sweeper rides in the slow lane in a position that made it impossible for anyone to pass?

This went on for a few k’s until he moved back to the fast lane, by this time an oke in a prado wasn’t too happy and raced past them on the inside, followed then by us.

They must have a reason why they ride in the fast lane? I don’t think they would do it just as a showing off thing.

Anybody know?

I think it’s dangerous, selfish and highly irritating.