Mud Sweat and Gears-Mr T 200 get's broken in...WD style!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
The plan was to do the Alternative route with some of the young DS oke's, but as you know by now, things NEVER go according to plan  ;D
Only Mr T and I pitched up for the ride, it was raining though. We set off on the normal Occudale road, MR T was on a motard with full slicks!(We're sourcing him some proper tyres ;) ) Of the tar and onto that road that runs through the farm yard, have never seen it in that condition, completely washed away, red clay everywhere.
Anywho, I decided to take a turnoff we have never done before, along the railway...

And was it wet! almost 80% of the track was filled with water over your front wheel!
DSC00464Medium.jpg

Doesn't look like the track we normally do Ey Andy  ;D
DSC00471Medium.jpg

DSC00465Medium.jpg

Lucky thing with the slicks is, when you get stuck they dont "dig" in like a knobbly
DSC00466Medium.jpg

The ground actually looks hard packed, but its actually just the grass flooding on the water
DSC00467Medium.jpg

Oncoming train, and more water
DSC00469Medium.jpg

When the track basically disappeared I carried on swimming, Mr T had, what seemed at the time, a good idea to get of the disappearing track, and onto the railway rocks...just one thing, how do you get back?
The track
DSC00473Medium.jpg

I stopped and Mr T was no were to be seen, he's actually behind that bush in the far:
DSC00475Medium.jpg

I walked back, only to find him stuck in there  ;D
DSC00476Medium.jpg

After some pushing and shoving the man was out
DSC00478Medium.jpg

Cant stop anywhere, sinking!
DSC00480Medium.jpg

We saw a road on the gps, but couldn't see it in real life, later discovered its actually there, although its so overgrown that i cant be seen.
We get onto the tar road, I pull away and see Mr T staying behind. He said the rear wheel was shaking madly?
So none of us really have mechanical expertise :D But I noticed the rear wheel was skew?
DSC00481Medium.jpg

Took it into town to the local Mechanic, and town abortionist, Jeremy, who pointed out the bearing had collapsed and all the balls had fallen out, the hub has also went  :eek: :eek:
DSC00482Medium.jpg

DSC00483Medium.jpg

We had only reached Kalbaskraal, and had to turn back, taking it very slowly back to Cape Town, but it's ok, both of us are on holiday, no rush.
Mr T will elaborate on the damages  :-\

Was great meeting/riding with you! Now I also have a riding buddy my age  8)  :D
We'll do it again shortly!