Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2 Wheel Drive  (Read 580 times)

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
2 Wheel Drive
« on: February 14, 2006, 01:02:33 pm »
Got this from the TB site. (Da Cat)

:?

http://www.ohlins.com/mc_2wd_function.shtml
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Lootch67

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
2 Wheel Drive
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 01:18:32 pm »
Motorcycle News did an article on this a couple of weeks ago. Apparently they've fitted it to an R1 and it's about 2 seconds a lap faster than a standard version. According to the test rider it becomes very difficult to highside the bike which is fantastic. I wonder when we'll see this in MotoGP? The system works well on Supermotos too, although it does require a change in riding style as these guys do a lot of steering with the rear wheel and because power is transferred to the front wheel when the rear starts spinning the bikes do tend to run wide or stand up in corners. I would certainly be first in line to fit this system to my bike - I've had way too many "moments" on these slippery UK road, especially in the winter.
98 Black AT & the wheel from a 04 KLR 650.

Offline LiveInTheOutdoors

• Race Dog
    • http://tigerr.smugmug.com
2 Wheel Drive
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 02:13:18 pm »
They also have one for the Katoom 950, its been in the works for over a year and a half. Awesome though, can u imagine?

Of course the Yammies have been very competitive and even winning certain comps with the 2 wheel drive
very minute is a chance to turn it all around - Vanilla Sky

>Mav... started gym. Officially at 95kg....<

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
2 Wheel Drive
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 02:37:13 pm »
Quote from: "LiveInTheOutdoors"
They also have one for the Katoom 950, its been in the works for over a year and a half. Awesome though, can u imagine?

Of course the Yammies have been very competitive and even winning certain comps with the 2 wheel drive

Yes, and in cars front wheel drive wonderful and Audi won lots with the 4 wheel drives, now we have the enthusiasts remembering what real rear wheel drive, without power steering or ABS was like.

Remember, we are I believe enthusiasts or we would not be doing this!
If you ride a 950 Katooom you are not sensible! or average! or GREY! by definition!

2 wheel drive is in my view a means of winning competitions or for extreme muddy competitions, normally not our range.

Welshie
An aspiring Coddiwompler