Report -- Training at Swartkorp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mzee

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
On the 17th July I booked myself at BMW Motorad for a proefficency course.  It was worth every penny I paid. My discription is not a complete account of all that happened but only highlights that I profitted from. About 20 or so participants with all kinds of bikes but mostly superbikes and adventure bikes.

We started at 9:00 with the programme of the day which ended at 4:00.  The rest of the day was spent on the track.

Even though I have been riding for years, I thought that it was a good idea to go for training.  The following areas were covered:

Emergency breaking (EB): With abs with on; with abs off -- front break alone, rear break and both breaks.  The differences were remarkable.  The trainer demonstrated each EB and allowed us to practice.

Cornnering: Use of peripheral vision, looking where you want to go, counter-steering.

Reducing speed without using breaks:

Swerving where there is an obstacle;

Turning the bike in a tight spot at 2000RPM into a figure eight.

Shifiting your sitting apparatus when making tight corners.

Issues of safety.

I came away having learnt a lot.  I have added onto the pool of my riding skills.