Europe Tour, 21 days and 7100km.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienhost

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi everyone, recently my missus and i just got back from 3 weeks touring which included England, France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland and coverd some 7100km !
I'll try keep the writing short and add more pictures.
PART 1

Day 1:  Scully and i met my brother and his friend in Putney and collected our rental bikes, 2 BMW 650's and we were on a Honda Deauville 700cc, we had 2 days to get used to the bikes and first stop was Stonehenge.
Pictures003.jpg

After about 3 hours riding we stopped at a roadsice diner for lunch.
Pictures014.jpg

Another 2 hours of riding and we rolled into Dover at 7pm, it was still light but getting chilly, the Garmin Zummo was doing a great job. The white cliffs are a lovely sight. We rode about another 20km along tiny little farm roads to our B+B for 2 nights.
Pictures021.jpg

Ale Farm
Up early i went for a walk around the farm
Pictures023.jpg

A short ride to the beach, no sand here !
Pictures028.jpg

We spent the rest of the day riding along the coast, some short showers, getting lost and riding along bicycle paths.
Pictures111.jpg

We also visited Windsor Castle which was nice, huge moat around it, cannons, dungeons and so many rooms.
Pictures047.jpg

A quick visit to some local pubs and we were home by 10pm, still light by the way, 2 days and 754km. Deauville handles great, got up to 140km with Scully on the back and fully loaded, looking forward to France !