Bike Hitch - Towing your bike without a trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwolf

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Hallo Dawgs.

Do any of you have experience with a bike hitch. Biking accesories sold it a few years ago, but the supplier went back overseas or something like that. According to Brett (biking accesories manager), this thing worked really good. My problem is that I stay in a townhouse and don't have place to store a trailer and sometimes (like next weekend), I would actually like to take my bike where I am going, so I started to look for alternatives to trailers. To rent a trailer per day for a long weekend @ R150per day if I am only going to tow it 130km to Middelburg from Pretoria and 130km back is not worth it. Because I want a trailer from next week friday until the monday, it's gonna cost me R600... for 260km... :mad:

How it works: Load the front wheel up onto the platform, tie the bike up and remove the chain. Apparently there are no wear on a knobbly tire. Brett said that they pulled bikes from Pretoria to Namibia (if I remember correctly) without wear on tires.

Advantages: Light, cheap, easy to store, good for a townhouse
Disadvantages: Can't reverse, have to take the chain off the bike...

Here are some photo's I found on the internet of a product on ebay for $200, don't know if it was the same as the ones biking accesories sold. Do you think this will work and who can make one for me?

Attachments

• 8ab0_1.jpg
    8ab0_1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 488
  • 8743_1.jpg
    8743_1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 490
  • 9445_1.jpg
    9445_1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 481
  • 9747_1.jpg
    9747_1.jpg