A short rebirth in the Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullet

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
After spending most of last year, and all of this year (so far) in Europe, for my own sanity I had to get my bum on a vibrating seat again. So I came home for a visit. I arrived home at 23h00 on the 16th July and went straight into the garage and pulled the cover off the XT660 to charge the battery. But I didn't have to. Much to my surprise I pushed the start button and it fired up immediately. Very excited, I quickly changed the oil (I put clean oil in before I left too) and then unpacked and fitted all the toys from OTR in Germany.

Next day, I spent all day on the XT running erands around Jhb and Pretoria. What a blessing to be home in the land of the Free, Brave and Slightly Crazy.

Saturday I hit the local dirt roads with Slick, who threatened to twist my arm to ride the plastic bikes at De Wildt on Sunday. It didn't take much to convince me to get back into the garage and prep the KTM for some rocks on Sunday. Oh man its good to be back.

On Friday (24/07), wife and I hit the road for Cape Town. We stopped over at Touws River.  When we woke in the morning the weather was good, so I pulled the XT off the bakkie, loaded the destination in Cape Town into the GPS for the wife and sent her on her way. I took the XT onto the dirt and headed over the mountains to Montague.

Attachments

• DSC03431.JPG
    DSC03431.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC03434.JPG
    DSC03434.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC03438.JPG
    DSC03438.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC03439.JPG
    DSC03439.JPG