Baviaans and back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboef

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Ok, here?s my trip report.
First stop: Barrydale ? for breakfst at the Country Pumpkin.
It was me and Marli, Clockwork Orange, Mark Hardy, Watermat, Johan, his wife, Grondpad, and his friend (sorry, too many names to remember!)

Mark H hiding behind the bush.

At Ronnies Sex Shop.

Marli decided the tractor?s seat is softer than the AT?s.

Watermat and Johan destroying the beer stock of the Willowmore hotel.

Mr and Mrs Briv in front of the sign that says: Welcome to the Baviaans! :p

Through the pass into the Kloof. This was wonderful. The rock formations are truly spectacular.

The notorious mudhole just before the campsite. Crossing it the first time was nerve-wrecking, but as you HAVE to cross it to get in and out of the campsite, later om it became just a formality.. :wink:

Morning breaking at the campsite. Only to be shattered by KilerSA's snoring deep into the afternoon.. :D

Riding into the kloof on the Saturday, we met some locals that were'nt too worried about the watercrossings.

Geelhoutbos. To get there, jou have to swim through. The AT did that for us with a bit of a shake, a rattle, and a roll. :roll: :D As far as I know, me and Marli were the only ones to have gone into this part of the kloof.

Why did the tortoise cross the road?
Cause the other one was chasing him.

Briv's AT and my AT looking at the road ahead.

On top of the pass, going down towards Patensie.

The infamous BIG water crossing. Here we all stood debating the issue, until Zonkel and Accton came blasting though from the other side.

Accton doing his thing.

The rocks were big and slippery.

Me giving it a try.

The next day we left for Knysna. This is the one of the passes that we rode.
I think this is between Avontuur and the start of the Knysna forest

Me met up with Briv and Rene the Canadian again, and here we are at the lookout point somewhere in the forest.

Then it was on to Wildernis, where we stayed in a little wooden cottage in the Wildernes Bushcamp, on top of the hill.

The next day, the road between Stilbaai and Vermaaklikheid. Saw a lot of wildlife, with little antelope running across the road while I'm dodging potholes the size of Citigolfs.

From there on a few other scenic stops, and over Sir Lowry's in the direction of the Cape.

Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it!
:D :D :D