Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Xispa trials bike demo in PE  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
Xispa trials bike demo in PE
« on: August 04, 2009, 09:46:15 am »
Ian the importer of Xispa trials bikes will be in PE at Rover this Friday 07/08/09 from about 15H00.

He will have some of the bikes there. If you interested come and have a look. I am sure there will be oportunity to ride the bike as well. So every one who has always wanted to give it a bash come allong. It should be fun. :ricky:
Seems to be allot of interest from the enduro guys. All the PE trials guys will be there as well.
The price of these bikes is well below any of the others currently on sale in SA

THE FASTER YOU GO THE MORE YOU SEE!!!

Offline Sir Rat

• So it begins.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Sir Sir Sir
Re: Xispa trials bike demo in PE
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:49:59 am »
Can't make it all the way there. Take some pics please and get lots of info on the bikes.

Thanks  :thumleft:

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 12:54:35 pm »
Ian will be coming to Cape town as well. He will be driving from PE to CT after his wisit here. i think his son will be riding one of the bikes in CT and doing sales down there. Give him a call perhaps he will be nearby you some time.
Ian 08 two 44 one 208 two.

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 12:55:46 pm »

shark_za

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 01:09:04 pm »
What is the general feeling on these bikes?
Chinese assembled in Spain not?

Only a handful imported by a small player?
Support?
Spares?

Offline edgy

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 01:52:29 pm »
They sure look sweet! Whats the ront values?
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline Panne

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 02:03:38 pm »
They sure look sweet! Whats the ront values?

R48K
"Daar is honde wat maar net hoef te knor. Dit is diť wat reeds tevore gewys het dat hulle kan byt." - C.J. Langenhoven

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 09:57:05 am »
Its efectively a Sherco copy that is built in spain.

The motor comes from China. The rest is off the shelf and made by Xispa.

The BMW G 450 X has a motor that comes from Taiwan does that make it a taiwanese bike?

The price this bike is going for is R20 000 to R30 000 than other competitors. I think for the weekend warriors this is a good option. Any trial bike has capabilities way beyond mine so it will suit my needs.

It will be interesting to see if they last.

Offline GRIM

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 10:19:50 am »
I agree that it will be interesting to watch the development of these bikes. Especially since the price has the potential to come down if they are shipped in instead of flown in.
And will they remain cheap entry level bikes, or slowly start equalising with the other makes as competition forces them to up the technology and R&D necessary to stay competitive?
Alcohol is essentially natureís Leatt Brace Ė with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 11:43:10 am »
OK so I had an opportunity to ride the Xispa.

I am no pro and ride an older bike so naturally the Xispa felt really good to me. The throttle response was fantastic and it was a pleasure to ride the bike.

Some notes on the plus points
Good motor with good power and response.
Front end is super light and I found bouncing the front end around really easy.
Bike is easy to balance even with the new tyres.
It did everything I would want from it and could of course do allot more.
Nice Carbon fibre bits.
Cheap spares, replacement piston under R300!!

Some things to consider
Kick start was touching up against the frame and not always springing back.
The brakes were not sharp but had to be bedded and possibly had some grease on them.
Front shocks bottomed out a bit. But this one can adjust and they were also brand new.
When at full lock it seemed to plough with the front wheel a bit. But the tyres were also new and not softened in nicely.
The carb has not yet proven itself and of everything looks like a cost saver.

I canít see the fuss from Sherco on this bike. The frame is a mix between Sherco and the old Gas Gas bikes. The hubs and wheels are the same as all the trials guys use. It has Dunlop tyres. The plastics are all different to the Sherco when looked at closely (Plastics are also a bit rough and on the cheap side.) The rear suspension is way different to all the other bikes having only a single link. The rear is a bit sluggish when compared to the other systems (comment from the pro riders). The front forks are a copy of the ones on the Gas Gas and are thicker than the Shercoís. The only full copy on the bike is the motor, which felt really good, man I loved the motor it just flew up the small obstacles we had.

Overall I liked the bike; to be honest you are not getting the fine attention to detail of the other Brands. Ie some flash on the plastics, the plastics not mating together 100%, the loose kick start.  If youíre starting out or an enduro man wanting to hone your skills I think itís the right bike at the price and what ever you brake on the Xispa would probably also have brocken on any other bike. :biggrin: I would love to see this bike being ridden on the local or international scene and see how it fares. I think there would be some development needed in the short and long term once they have them in the field and the big boys have a chance to bash them around. Like Grim said then they are going to perhaps get a bit more expensive with the development costs  I cant wait to see what their next bike will look like!

Bottom line itís a great bike to ride and is fine for what I and 85% of trial riders in SA need. A cheap, cheap to maintain trial bike capable of more than what I can do on it. :biggrin:
Anyone else had a go on one.

Offline GRIM

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 12:15:01 pm »
I would be really keen to see them bring in cheap 80 & 125 bikes for young riders to start on, Theres a huge gap in this market. I've been putting my 13 year old on my 315, & even though he can ride it well, it is just too big & powerfull for him to handle through the technical stuff.
Alcohol is essentially natureís Leatt Brace Ė with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

shark_za

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 12:37:45 pm »
If youíre starting out or an enduro man wanting to hone your skills I think itís the right bike
Darryl Curtis and Gray Dick seem to agree.

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 04:04:36 pm »
I would love one myself ;D

Ian said he will be bringing in the 125cc and the 250cc with the next shipment. There are another 5 on the way here now.
The 125 is not a smaller bike but just a more manageable engine. Perhaps give Ian a call and ask to see the bike in Gauteng.

Offline GEE-SH

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 05:18:45 pm »
Go Big are you involved with Trials Riding in the PE are, I note you mentioned the "PE Trails guys" will also be around - is there a club in PE?, if so can you please forward me their contact details.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:30:20 am by GEE-SH »
KTM Superduke 1290 R, BMW R9T, BMW R100RS, BMW R80, Triumph Bonneville T100, Norton Commando, KTM 300XC-W, Peugeot 50cc Help My Trap, 2003 BMW R1200C

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 08:18:01 am »
Ya I try and ride trials.  :imaposer:
We have a competition on this weekend out in the rocklands area. Come and have a look. If you wanna you can take my bike for a ride..... when and if I finish the compo.  :biggrin: I will start a new thread for this. have a a look.

At the moment we join the East London club and compete under their banner. We have a few guys riding here but the lack of affordable bikes is the issue.
This past weekend we rode at the walmer driving range on all those trees they cut down and pilled up all over the place. Nice spot!

Offline GEE-SH

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 08:32:20 am »
Please let me know where in the rocklands area and I'll be there.  Obviously one has to buy a bike in Gauteng or CPT? or are there dealers in the PE / EL area?
KTM Superduke 1290 R, BMW R9T, BMW R100RS, BMW R80, Triumph Bonneville T100, Norton Commando, KTM 300XC-W, Peugeot 50cc Help My Trap, 2003 BMW R1200C

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 09:16:46 am »
Check my new thread.   :mwink: