The Great Trek

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailBlazer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Calling any / all Dogs who may be interested in tagging along on part of, or maybe even the complete trip, especially through Baviaanspoort.

I plan on leaving Benoni on Monday 7 Sep for a ride of about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.

Sleepovers as follows

Mon 7 Sep - Kimberley

Tue 8 Sep - Graaf Reinett

Wed and Thu 9/10 Sep - Plettenberg Bay - Meeting BoJangles

Fri 11 Sep - The Hel - Meeting / riding with Trailrider, possibly Smithey and BoJ (others welcome too, it you wish)

Sat 12 Sep - Attakwaskloof - Same as Friday

Sun 13 Sep - George - Same as Fri / Sat

Mon 14 Sep - Malgas - Probably only myself and BoJ

Tue 15 Sep - George or Plett (as yet undecided)

Wed 16 Sep - Somewhere in Baviaanspoort  -  I would really appreciate some company here. My riding mate has unfortunately not been able to get leave, and I'm just a little bit reluctant to tackkle that part on my own

Thu 17 Sep - Port Elizabeth - Meeting with Drazil and Mrs Drazil, if they're not out and about, and beers with the PE Dogs

Fri / Sat / Sun / Mon  18/19/20/21 Sep - East London - A few beers with the EL Dogs

Tue 22 Sep to Fri 25 Sep - I'll be working my way back to Benoni, probably via Hogsback / Barkly East / Lundin's Nek / Naude's Nek and along the Lesotho border to Bethlehem and home.

Anybody who wants to ride part or all the way is welcome. I'll be camping most of the way, except for Plett and East London (staying with my family here).

If there are any takers for the Hel / Attakwaskloof part, please feel free to contact me or Trailrider to check for accommodation. TR offered his help and expertise to plan a trip that I'm certain will be remembered for a long time to come, over the weekend of 11/12/13 Sep.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has been bitten by the wanderlust bug.