Riding around Bloemfontein

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Having lived in KZN for some time, I am sure you can forgive me for thinking that Bloem area is not really a place to ride a motorbike....  Long straight flat gravel roads, you can go like the clappers and cover lots of miles, but it all kind of looks the same.  The good part is that Lesotho is close by....

But this weekend, some good things happened.  My brother and I went for a little ride and found some hills!  There are not many, but if you look around, there are some.  Some playing up the hill behind Wepener, and another one sommer in town.  You just have to look, and fun can be had!

Then, on Sunday we gate crashed Dust Rat's ride.  What a revelation to see that there are others in Bloem.  We met some new people and had a great breakfast run, and got to ride a railway service road on the outskirts of Bloem, which I would not have found in a hurry.  Enjoyable riding, there is a hole and some stuff here and there - keeps one awake....  Did not take too many pics, here are a couple. 

Thanks to DR and friends - we will definately be back!  :thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG_2551.JPG
    IMG_2551.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2553.JPG
    IMG_2553.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2559.JPG
    IMG_2559.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2562.JPG