Girls doing it for themselves - Wild Dog Style!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
[Main pictures to follow from the other girls as I didnt take many]

Some of 63magic downloadable here:

https://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu214/63magic/WD%20Ladies%20weekend%20Aug%2009/

It was with some surprise that I realized on Friday that we started the planning of the first WD Ladies Weekend on 22 January already?! :eek: Now I’m not sure whether it was due to a very relaxing December, over eagerness or to ensure that the girls have enough time to figure out how to pack all they need and still have some space for the hairdryers… (Milkybar…)  ;) , but what ever the inspiration, the time had finally arrived for us to implement these packing skills and to start our ride to the Ladies Weekend!

23 Girls met at the Sasol Pinehaven at 12h30, ok yes a little later than planned, but it really wasn’t Rieks fault,  :D and after a quick photo session (which was all too soon over for the guy in his car that we smiled nicely at to take), we were on our way.  :ricky:

It is very hard to describe what I felt as I rode in the middle of this unique group of riders, with 11 girls in front of me and 11 girls behind me, but a few words come to mind: proud, honored, empowered and alive.

We arrived at Ngomo Lodge which was our home for the weekend. Even the manageress of the lodge commented on what an amazing sight it was when all these bikes arrived instead of their usual 4x4’s.

After unloading, we had a little “meet and greet” introduction, where we got to know the newbies better and learnt something new about some of the oldies. The saddest/funnies thing we learnt was when Coyote told us (sorry I have to say this in Afrikaans), “ek het my man verloor weens siekte… (and just when we all started ahing in sympathy she added) “ek was siek vir sy kark!”  :eek:scar: :eek:scar:

After some good giggles, it was time to cut the cake – birthday girl Dakota didn’t not escape us embarrassing her with a cake and singing Happy Birthday  :eek:ccasion18: – and the party began!

Attachments

• 2. The full view - 20 bikes, pretty.JPG
    2. The full view - 20 bikes, pretty.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 3. Room with a view.JPG
    3. Room with a view.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 4. Birthday Girl - Dakota.JPG
    4. Birthday Girl - Dakota.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 5. Cutting the cake.JPG
    5. Cutting the cake.JPG