Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!! - Finished! WE MADE IT!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
In June we decided to go to Pta for Marique’s B-day and instead of flying up, why not make a trip of it!!

Take Bike (aka Iron Man) and travel to PTA…. Then do Lesotho and come back via EC ..mm maybe Baviaans and so on…. ??? people told us we were loco CRAZY!! But we want to see snow and hey ... we only live once! Let's do it we decided!!

Leave Cape Town 9 July after work and be back home the 26th to be back at work on the 27th…No problem!  :mwink:
We started planning and soon everything was arranged – We only booked accommodation in Lesotho, just to make sure we have a WARM place to sleep…
One night in Oxbow Lodge and the next in Molomong Lodge….the rest of the time was open
– wherever we can find the best bar…  :drif: then we can stay there! >:D >:D

I Have to thank I&Horse for helping me out with a lot of tools and neck warmers and tank bag – REALLY came in handy!! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
I was prepared for the worse, everything I could think of for a breakdown…..except…..something VERY important…..read on and find out what it was………

Day 1 – Cpt to Prince Alfred Hamlet

The day finally came – The first day was nice and short, Cpt to Prince Alfred Hamlet
"Yes Eva.... (Marique se troetelnaampie...) ek sal die haardroer ook iewers inkry net nog eers 'n sigaretjie en 'n bier.....dan sal ek dit doen" >:D >:D
img0872m.jpg

Hey and this - will have a problem taking the Moeff over the border.......
img0871t.jpg

You can take the fashion designer to the bush, but you cannot forget her research....i found a spot for it to come with :-\
img0873exp.jpg

Beertjie also had a spot.. mascot for the trip..
img0874yhx.jpg

Finally all packed and ready to go .... :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:
trip001.jpg

trip002b.jpg

trip003.jpg

trip004.jpg

We arrived at my parents place and she prepared a real "Sondag middag ete!!" - was this not maybe our "last supper"  :eek: :eek:
Nothing like “Ma se Kos”!
trip005.jpg

My parents were also planning to leave Friday morning @ 6:30am to go to Namibia to visit some family and maybe bring back some biltong…. :drif: :drif:
trip006.jpg

I had to reshuffle everything on the bike to make sure it was ready and enough space for M to be comfy for the long way to Carnavon....

soon after dinner it was bed time and the te trip Really begins.......

rest to follow soon

Rest to follow soon