Attempted route ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saklx650c

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Last weekend I tried to find a route from EL to Kei mouth on gravel/tracks ace up.  The problem was fences, gates  and private propoerty signs etc.  I managed a short trip from Brakfontein to Chintsa east on g-roads and then found a private road that I ventured along for a bit, but didn't have any kevlair close at hand so u-turned.  Met a non-WD on a GS 1200 who said that the gates on this farm road were usually locked and that I rather use the Tainton road (been on it before but was looking for something different). 
After trying various tracks and g-roads I was on the new tar road to Kei mouth.  Took the Haga haga turn and stopped at the hotel there for a quick coffee before trying to find a route to Marshstrand and beyond.  Again fences all the way along the road.  I also tried the opposite side to see if I could get to Chintsa but all big game fences.  I then headed to into the Ncera villages and found what looked like a track that looked pretty steep.  I asked a local villager whether firstly could I ride up that path and secondly where it came out.  It was path to a farm house and therefore did not attempt it being on my own.  At this stage I was tied of fences and headed back home for some more coffee and cake. 

The question is however - when do you cross a farm with an open gate and a track?  Secondly if you land up at a farmhouse from a track that had no fences - is that acceptable or should you turn back and head back to from where you came from. 

Any help would be useful.

No pictures unless you like pictures of fences.