Waterberg --SAND --What Sand.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
A few of us left for the Waterberg this week end to stay at a tented bush camp on a Game Farm on the top of one of the hills. Three of us left by mostly gravel to our destination--The Cage took an alternative route with three people and our food etc for the week end as there was NO shops close by or places to eat at.

The tracks on the left side of the twin track that Kykdaar decided to Criss Cross ::) Stopped his Bike in front of me-did a hand stand on the handlebars-looked at the front light--sat down on the saddle--got off his bike and gave us all a bow.

I gave him a 10 out of ten and HP2 gave him a 11 ???

dsc01067e.jpg

Kykdaar and HP2 trying to figure out WHY only a 11 :(

dsc01068.jpg

Smoke break.  For THE Smokers.

dsc01071f.jpg

The WATERBERG.

dsc01082gcn.jpg

After i had picked up a wire that was left on the road and decided to get stuck on my back wheel. Luckily when i saw it i pulled in the clutch and locked the back wheel. Took only about a minute to get it out and on the road again.

dsc01084lud.jpg

Plenty of Game along the Route ---As usual and even some closer to home.

dsc01094w.jpg

Arriving at the Bush camp.  Our Accommodation.

dsc04494u.jpg

dsc04493v.jpg

Our bikes resting till the next day when we would return.

dsc04495.jpg

The view from the Boma.

dsc04499r.jpg

The Sun starting to make way for the evening.

dsc04498m.jpg

Something about a BUSH fire and good fellowship--and Lekker kos.

dsc04501avx.jpg

dsc04514k.jpg

dsc04506h.jpg

dsc04507u.jpg

I did however decide to lengthen the route as all who were riding were competent SAND riders --and if they were NOT then they are NOW.

Unfortunately i did not see ANY sand for some reason or the other--Maybe it was because i was enjoying the scenery and the ride so much.

Thank's to all who came and see you all on the road soon.
Hope all of you have de stressed and are ready for the concret Jungle again--I know i am.

Ps. We did find one lewensgevaarlikke bike with a 1200 GS parked along a road under a tree asking the way out to a camping spot---seems that they had had Enough of the Sand i was looking for.