New mods for the DRZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Been home for the weekend and planned on a little trip this weekend. I went through the trip planning and got real excited when I saw the mud monster trip only to realise it was two weekends ago :cry: Anyway tomorrow it''s back to KZN but at least I got to ride my bike around the block and did some mods.

Finally got around to fit a proper ds tyre and a Dunlop D606 went on the back.

DSCF6171.jpg

I rode some sand with it over a month ago and it's a day and night difference over the old King junk and the old Scorpions I had. The bike has always been good offroad but it's now planted, I'll do mud and De Wildt anyday ! Drawbacks well the knobby and rim locks cause some heavy vibration above 110 km/h but it's not a tar bike afterall 8)

Some pics from that days ride

DSCF6182.jpg

DSCF6180.jpg

I also bought a new fatbar, the old Tag was a good bar but the bend was too low when standing. I got hold of a Trailtech X bar and the bend is perfect for me. No more crouching when standing.

DSCF6294.jpg

Last thing to go was the old spongy grips, found some WFO ones that looks identical to the stock Suzuki ones and only cost R40 :D

DSCF6295.jpg

Only wish I had more time for a proper test ride. So when is the next De Wildt ride ? :D