Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Are there any Ghost towns in SA  (Read 31779 times)

Offline gser

• Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Gelukkig nog nie hard GeSloeg nie
Re: Are there any Ghost towns in SA
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2017, 07:45:49 am »
Ek sien n Schnauzer , woef, woef !

Daai issie n Schnauzer nie tjom......  Daai is Silvo, the legend  :ricky: :ricky:  Best chic magnet you will ever find  :peepwall:
Legend !
Respect

Offline landieman

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2017, 04:15:03 am »
ek het somer met google earth my roete beplan Kaap tot Jhb somer soso,sien nou ek het "perongeluk"die roete beplan deur Katbakkies Pass,Deelfontein en Burgerville.hoe "perongelukkig" is dit

Wanneer ry jy?
Sho,as alles uit werk,2 Okt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
don't worry about things you can't change,change the things you can.

Offline MRK Miller

« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2019, 12:38:42 am »
Greylingstad - or more acurately, NW of Greylingstad on the edge of the town - huge abandoned village in the Kloof - check it on Google Earth - S26 44 13.6 E28 45 00.3

Does anybody know why this village was abandoned?

I was there and a old man told me, that before people living there always were on foot, or bicycle's. Later on they got cars, but the houses being in the mountain could not be reached by car so they move down to the valley, were they now stay
I would rather fall a thousand times, and keep riding, than to stop riding and never fall

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2019, 08:39:33 am »
Greylingstad - or more acurately, NW of Greylingstad on the edge of the town - huge abandoned village in the Kloof - check it on Google Earth - S26 44 13.6 E28 45 00.3

Does anybody know why this village was abandoned?

I was there and a old man told me, that before people living there always were on foot, or bicycle's. Later on they got cars, but the houses being in the mountain could not be reached by car so they move down to the valley, were they now stay

Ahh - seems likely that - the access up there was narrow and steep from memory...

Thanks for the info!!
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!