Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Supercool touring movie  (Read 746 times)

Oppad

Supercool touring movie
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:55:56 pm »
OK, I'm biased cause a KLR is the star, but it's still a lekker movie of going places, despite the C&W soundtrack

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=transam2005&width=320

Offline X Banana Boy

Supercool touring movie
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 04:03:22 pm »
Cool vid.  Interesting to think that you can 1000's of connected miles on gravel roads and track, especically with the huge road network in the US.  There are actually a few of the long distance trails in the US.

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
Supercool touring movie
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 05:13:06 pm »
Jeez that guy could not have picked a bigger backpack  :shock: Cool movie, motivates me to ride from Gauteng to the Cape on dirt roads, sure it could be done.
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Oppad

Supercool touring movie
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 06:42:17 am »
Quote from: "digitaldan"
Jeez that guy could not have picked a bigger backpack  :shock: Cool movie, motivates me to ride from Gauteng to the Cape on dirt roads, sure it could be done.

Should be possible, but only if you get permission from places like Transnet, and some farmers. About two weeks ago the Two Wheels program showed the "Quads for quads" event in which non roadworthy quads and MX bikes travelled from Jhb to Durbs and back making use of the Spoornet roads running alongside railway tracks etc. Would be a very interesting exercise if one can get sponsors and some publicity to see if it can be done.

Source us a route and I'll pass you halfway, coming from the other side  8)

Offline LiveInTheOutdoors

• Race Dog
    • http://tigerr.smugmug.com
Supercool touring movie
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 09:38:56 am »
That is sweet Sot, very very very cool.... lotta fun huh?
very minute is a chance to turn it all around - Vanilla Sky

>Mav... started gym. Officially at 95kg....<

Offline Leo

Supercool touring movie
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 10:56:31 am »
Quote from: "digitaldan"
motivates me to ride from Gauteng to the Cape on dirt roads, sure it could be done.

There was a story in the BarkSa a few years ago when Howie Zowie, S Fourie, Glen Folie, the editor of Quad SA (then still working for BarkSA) & few others rode from Gauteng to Ct all offroad.

At some stag ethey had to cross a river and used empty drums tied together to load the bikes onto & swim across the river!
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!