Upgrade 50cc drivers licence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Nel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Decided to upgrade my 50cc drivers licence. I heard the licensing department was open after a spell of fraud, corruption, misappropriation of funds and other minor problems.

They issue forms at the security kaya, only a limited amount of forms are available each day. They make a secret mark on each form, you cannot get a form on one day and hand it in the next day. They can’t catch up on yesterday’s outstanding work.

Over a hundred people queue from early morning with the hope of being helped today.

People sit under the trees filling out forms on each others backs, no desks, pens, tables or counters to work on. You have one form, one chance.

I ran out of time and had to get to work (somebody has to pay tax to fund this operation). I asked if I could get a form with tomorrow’s secret mark, but no: If you want to hand a form in tomorrow, you have to fall in the queue tomorrow and collect it. I decided to bite the bullet. Took 3.5 hours, got the appointment.

Phoned Kawasaki, they’re looking for a KLR50 form me….

Attachments

• People queue in road1.jpg
    People queue in road1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 92
  • People queue in road2.jpg
    People queue in road2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Limited forms.jpg
    Limited forms.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Filling forms trees.jpg
    Filling forms trees.jpg