Gauteng Toy Run Sunday 26 Nov 06

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Sunday saw the 24'th Annual Toy run from various centres across Gauteng all converge on the Wesbank Raceway all in favour of charity.

As stated on the "Planning a Trip" section we got together at church square in Pretoria and from there followed the masses to Wesbank

I should have known we were in for a BIG day when we started having "oog oopskieters" at half past 7 in the morning :D

Toyrun.jpg

Toyrun1.jpg

Zonkel also arrived and proceedings got underway

Toyrun2.jpg

Of course we had some beautifull people around to add some colour to proceedings :D

Toyrun3.jpg

I'm not sure how many people gathered at church square - judge for yourself....

Toyrun4.jpg

Toyrun5.jpg

Enroute with bikes as far as the eye could see :wink:

Toyrun6.jpg

Toyrun7.jpg

Toyrun8.jpg

Toyrun9.jpg

Toyrun10.jpg

Seems like I have taken a moerse lot of photo's of mostly Zonkelnut :oops:

Some interressting sightings along the way

Toyrun11.jpg

Toyrun12.jpg

At Wesbank we handed in our toys and headed for the beer garden :roll:

Toyrun13.jpg

.....with all our friends eventually finding each other in the garden, what's that I hear about great minds thing alike :wink:

Toyrun14.jpg

Skinny (her of pink KTM 950 Fame) decided to brighten up my day - for those not in the know - she's the gorgeous looking one on the left :wink:

Toyrun15.jpg

Not sure how many bikes attended, according the the master of ceremony last year they had 16000 bikes, and this year by 10 o'clock all memrobilia had bee sold out :?
It was a glorious day, so all attendance records were appparently broken.....
Judge for yourself... :wink:

Let's say the average bike costs R75K so 75000 X 16 000 = R1200,000,000.00 :? ......and there were more this year :roll:

Toyrun16.jpg

Toyrun17.jpg

One amazing aspect of the entire day, and we all commented on this was.. when we first got there this band was playing absolute nonsense. By 3 the afternoon we were quite happily tapping along. Wonderful how they improved throughout the day. Do I hear something about "practice makes perfect :wink:

Toyrun18.jpg

Toyrun19.jpg

Nothing like drinking in the sun...... :roll:

Toyrun20.jpg

......while seeing beautifull people all around :twisted:

Toyrun21.jpg

Toyrun22.jpg

.......while this acrobat teams was entertaining lotsa people :wink:

Toyrun23.jpg

.......just another look :roll:

Toyrun24.jpg

.......but Zonkel and Excalibur was not seeing anything. They were discussing routes to ride :shock:

Toyrun25.jpg

......while Patman and Vinnige Fanie was silently observing :wink:

Toyrun26.jpg

and Wino was his ever pleasant self - (here with his niece)

Toyrun27.jpg

nice caby :wink:

Toyrun28.jpg

Toyrun29.jpg

Toyrun30.jpg

......and more beautiful people

Toyrun31.jpg

So a very successful day ended with loads of fun had by all. Thanks to all who attended and made this a very enjoyable and memorable day.

Hope to see more forum members at the offroad one. I guess there will be alot less drinking so no need to shy away from that one :D