Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Top speed  (Read 3104 times)

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: Top speed
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2010, 07:38:20 pm »
ek moet bieg die tiger loop lekker en klink ook mooi en ja daai 215 is redlik maklik op die Tiger
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

Offline Moondog

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
  • AKA : Tony
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2010, 07:43:50 pm »
Riaan en jou scoot....Rittelin se scoot loop lekker,ek en hy het so biekie saam gery Buff toe en plek, plek het ons so 205 gedoen beide met pillions en baie kak gelaai...daar was amper nie plek vir my bottel rum nie, maar ek kon nog gooi, maar die pad kondisies het dit nie toegelaat nie. Maar sy speedo lieg lekker vir hom, ek dink nie 240 is haalbaar nie, maar die proof sal wees in die pudding.
MD was dit tot by rev limmiter gewees  ? MD ten minste probeer jy nie oorkompenseer vir die 5 kg  wat jy oorgewig is met kak komentaar nie.

Nee - ek sou nie rerig kon se ek het vir die revs gekyk nie, maar gewoonlik sien ek dadelik die rooi liggie uit die hoek van my oog - ek het dit nog nie in top rat gesien nie.
Life is tough - get a helmet!

Offline Yami Super 10

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • 1200 Super 10
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2010, 08:16:18 pm »
Well the topic is......top speed.

Did not say in what :deal:

Did 389km/h on tar and 863km/h in the air. Good old SAAF days :drif:
Geduld
Is n stadige manier om jou moer te strip!
Bikes: 2010 & 2019 ST1200
          2014 660XT

Offline Paulsky

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If it's not Blue with a bit of Orange it's a Lemon
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2010, 08:17:10 pm »
I got 103 Km/h on my TW
" TARRED ROADS , JUST ANOTHER PERFECT EXAMPLE OF NEEDLESS,  SPENDING BY THE GOVERNMENT"

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Grey hound
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2010, 09:32:59 pm »
Topspeed can be relevant to the terrain also, this weekend I got up to 138km/h passing Andy on a tweespoor, I was left, he right, the tracks about 25cm wide, deep grass on either side of it, with a wire fence one side, and forrest of port jackson other side, what a rush

Offline Avontier

• Coitus reservatus
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2010, 10:03:46 pm »
192km/h on a kakkerige Limpopo dirt road. The faster it went the smoother it felt.  O0

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2010, 10:31:39 pm »
Ettienne although that's a rush and some of us has done it also, IT WAS ONE OF THE DUMBEST THINGS YOU DID!!!! That is looking for instant death.
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Grey hound
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2010, 10:38:39 pm »
Why is that instant death?

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Grey hound
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2010, 10:45:32 pm »
Everytime you get in your car or on your bike you run the risk of instant death, some truck might drive into you etc. Im not going to stop riding becuase of ''what if's'', i know the risks involved, but theres something about riding that fine line, where if you go off it, things get hairy....but its fun on that line :)

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2010, 11:44:41 pm »
When you young every day is a good day to die! :)
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline Makhulu

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2010, 06:37:56 am »
For an experienced rider, speed is a factor of skill and confidence. The lesser experienced the rider is, the more confidence becomes overconfidence, and the higher the perceived skill at speed becomes.

The argument that we risk death every moment irrelevant of what we do is true, however with experience comes skill - the ability to accurately determine safety factors.

Even a good gravel road has only at best 0.75 of the friction of a tar road. At 150kmh you are moving 42 meters per second. On tar it may be possible to stop within 40 meters at that speed given you have instant reactions and defy some laws of physics. On the best gravel the same stop will be within 55 meters. Now the real question is: Can you recognize and react quick enough to evade a hazard 60m in front of you? This is why overconfidence kills - because people think they can.

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2010, 07:28:17 am »
That is exactly true. Confidence becomes stupidity in some cases.

Ettienne, if you lost control, you could have went into that fence and slicing your neck off.. Your argument about everyday risk is stupid. If you ride that irresponsible (although fun) your risk factor is a lot more than when riding sensible on a tar road. You will understand this when you are older or when you see a really good rider die because of stupidity (I have seen this). And although I am still enjoying my biking, I am doing it sensibly and not with overconfidence or stupidity..
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2010, 07:50:59 am »
Ahh, put a sock in it Mother.

You ride the way you want to and let others ride the way they want to.

Ettienne, if you lost control, you could have went into that fence and slicing your neck off.. Your argument about everyday risk is stupid. If you ride that irresponsible (although fun) your risk factor is a lot more than when riding sensible on a tar road. You will understand this when you are older or when you see a really good rider die because of stupidity (I have seen this). And although I am still enjoying my biking, I am doing it sensibly and not with overconfidence or stupidity..
I wonder where that gravel road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. (Apologies to Mr Frost)

You want to have a stable Picture & Video host?

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg?Coupon=7ovFBQhdrwnZw

Offline lecap

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2010, 07:57:45 am »

...as long as they don't ride into you ;D

If Etienne would have clapped a few of those Port Jacksons it would have been a good deed for the environmernt ???
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2010, 08:00:58 am »
Good points RedWolf and Ruder.

here's a good example of skills and over confidence and how easy things go pear shape, skill will help you make good judgement calls, with lack off skill you only get over confident.

post 259 on: http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=42288.240

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2010, 08:04:56 am »
Everytime you get in your car or on your bike you run the risk of instant death, some truck might drive into you etc. Im not going to stop riding becuase of ''what if's'', i know the risks involved, but theres something about riding that fine line, where if you go off it, things get hairy....but its fun on that line :)

Hear, hear!

I wrote this a while ago here,
Visiting the top end of any bikes abillity requires; quite mean streak of mechanical sadism, dangerously lethal curiosity, suspension of the need for self presevation and a large dose of self delusion about ones mortality. Also an absolute and unshakable faith that nothing is going to unexpectedly walk, crawl, fly, drive or fall into your intended line.

Talking about it is all ego and bravado. (Essentials to living, dangerous in excess)

It's exhilarating, but deep down those who've done it know that they redlined on their luck-o-meter.

And, if you don't know this, then don't worry, if your luck runs out before this realisation, it is, at this pace, normally a painless experience.
I wonder where that gravel road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. (Apologies to Mr Frost)

You want to have a stable Picture & Video host?

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg?Coupon=7ovFBQhdrwnZw

Offline fat b

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • BMW R 1150 GS ADVENTURE
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 08:12:08 am »
Ok stupid, i will do the spell checker. You go do a diet ! :middlefinger:
Who is sounding like Julius Malema now ?? Secondly 240 on a GS is a dream , maybe it can hit 240 down a mine shaft !! Talk some more you are just contradicting yourself by your actions and proving how stuuupid you are . Go awweey you bastiiid agent !!! LOL !!!  >:D  :imaposer:

THE CHALLENGE MAY NOT BE EASY , BUT IT'S NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
SO MANY PLACES, SO LITTLE TIME !

MOSSEL BAY

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2010, 08:14:13 am »

...as long as they don't ride into you ;D

If Etienne would have clapped a few of those Port Jacksons it would have been a good deed for the environmernt ???

I remember a old member, that got his black KTM and on the fist ride with JOKER in CPT he moered neer, and got himself a prized head concussion with his cocksure riding and took out some Port Jacksons.

Then just after he bought his KTM950 from EL, he went on a ride and again same thing happened, took out Port Jacksons and nearly wrote off his bike.

He paid good money to help clear the weed.  :biggrin:

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2010, 08:30:29 am »
Julle mag nie topsoed praat nie. Mos gehoor dis net mal mense wat vinniger as 100 op die grond ry.

Van nou af hou ek my topspoed vir myself, en sal heeltyd bly se ek het 100 gery. Dis veiliger vir my, netnou word my kop weer afgebyt.

So my topspoed.

100 op die teer
100 op die grond
100 in my driveway.

:imaposer:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2010, 08:43:35 am »
only one guy can do 220km/h on dirt and it's Jabu.  :deal: :biggrin:

Manic looking at that pictures, it just might be a good idea to stay at 100 or less.  :pot: :biggrin: