where not to stay in kosi bay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daviecrocket

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
I recently spent a weekend in kosi bay at what seemed like a delightful little place called thobeka lodge. It’s a stunningly set up and well put together place with a nice atmosphere “when the owner isn’t around” however what we experienced was nothing like we expected. What happened was we didn’t have a 4x4 so instead of paying the ridiculous prices to get a lift to the beach we decided to walk; it was a nice 25 minute walk. When we got back that day we where asked by a nice group tourists who where also staying at thobeka how the walk was so we told them that it was a nice walk and was definitely worth it. The next day I was called into the owners office and asked to leave before our stay their was finished. The reason we were given was that we had lost the owner R450 because the people were no longer getting a lift from the owner, and that the R75 that we paid each night wasn’t worth the risk of letting us stay their, we were then told by the owner that he didn’t like having south Africans at his lodge “which was funny since more than half the people staying at his south African based lodge where from south Africa” I am not sure why he doesn’t like having south Africans their but I suspect it is because it is harder to rip them off. I encourage everybody to go visit this wonderful area but unfortunately I can’t recommend thobeka lodge because of the sour taste it has left in my mouth.