Trip to the Timbavati from Gauteng. It was a lekker one!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RooiPhilip

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So, a while ago we loaded up one motorbike and one stofie and headed for the Timbavati

It was farking cold, was still winter, so we kakked for the first stretch of tar to the first dirt of the day.

With some sand highway just passed cullinun we headed for loskop dam and the to Dullstroom from there. brunch at Dullstroom and on to leydenburg via dirt

From here we took Longtom pass to Sabie, for the next stretch of dirt through the plantations and then to Klaserie via Blyde Rivier Canyon. Got some good pictures.

So it was Rooicharl and myself, we headed off

Rooicharl at the first sign of some tweespoor
DSC00382.JPG

The "Lewensgevaarlik" just out from Dullstroom
DSC00383.JPG

The "stofie" and the "lewensgevaarlik" and the nicest tweespoor road I have ever ridden
DSC00386.JPG

On top of Longtom Pass
DSC00388.JPG

DSC00390.JPG

The road through the plantation
DSC00395.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

RooiCharl heading back, wondering what we I was, I was snapping photos at everything
DSC00398.JPG

Towards the end of the plantation just before the canyon
DSC00399.JPG

They day is getting long and we are getting gatvol
DSC00400.JPG

And then we spent a couple of days drinking beer and relaxing. The we presumed to head back to Pretoria, but on our way to the filling station, I ran out of juice. So did Rooicharl, about 500m further on than where mine did. In an enlarged version of this photo you can actually see him on the next incline, next to the road!!  :imaposer:
DSC00426.JPG