Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: CALL TO ACTION: TOLLGATE UNFAIRNESS  (Read 681 times)

Offline Wasp

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
CALL TO ACTION: TOLLGATE UNFAIRNESS
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:08:55 pm »
All Wilddogs please support the following initiative. Kindly call the Presidential toll-free hotline number at 17737. “The hotline and public liaison service aims to encourage an all-round improvement in citizen care and liaison and introduce a culture of putting the citizen first…” Hotline opening speech.
Just air your dissatisfaction that a motorcycle is charged the same as a big 4X4 motor vehicle that tows a caravan and a boat. Suggest that it is in the best interest of South Africa to reduce the number of vehicles on our roads by implementing the “pay to weight” system. Parts of Europe and even some States in the USA cut fees by up to 90% for two wheels.
I visited some influential people in Government today and was “confidentially informed” when the Presidential Hotline receives more than 500 “hits” on any topic it must also be referred to the DG of the relevant department (Minister of Transport in this case) and feedback must be given to the Presidential Advisory Committee within three months.
The “contact” also shared that the Toll-system between Johannesburg and Pretoria is virtually finalised and there is no concession for motorcyclists on the document he saw. The same system will be implemented between Paarl and Cape Town within 4-years.
Please guys and girls, lets build a critical mass that will move the fat-cats!

Offline lecap

Re: CALL TO ACTION: TOLLGATE UNFAIRNESS
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 08:07:53 am »
They would not need toll roads if an operating public transport system would be in place.
Go have a look at any European or US American metropole.
Moving commuter traffic onto two wheels or two per car rubbish schemes does not solve the problems but just procrastinates them.

Imagine South Africa with the Taxi mafia rooted out and replaced with reliable, clean & safe buses and trains? Unfortunately not "politically correct" :-\
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:10:05 am »
Jy weet jy poep teen donderweer ne?

Wat de moer soek julle op toll paaie, daar is alternatiewe roetes?  ;)

Offline Beltzer

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 08:15:14 am »
Wat del hel het die Presiden 'n "Tollgate hotline" voor, het hy nie beter dinge om te doen soos om die onderwys of behuising of sêfety te verbeter nie. Dink jy hierdie gaan werk: "culture of putting the citizen first"?  :patch:
Wolmerboom Suid

Offline corne.l

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 08:20:16 am »
Hey ... if you don't buy a ticket your are not in the draw for the compitition ...
So probeer tenminste, daar is ongelukkig van ons wat van hierdie tol paaie moet gebruik maak om werk toe en terug te ry, die alternatiewe (grond paaie ens) gaan beteken ons moet nog 'n uur of 2 vroeer opstaan as wat ons al reeds doen.
in vino veritas, in cervesio felicitas

Yamaha XT1200Z (2010) - SOLD
Yamaha XT660Z (2009) - SOLD
BMW F650GS Dakar (2004) - SOLD

Offline africanSky

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:13:08 am »
it's not a tol gate hotline dingbat, it's the presidential hotline. Why is it so many South Africans are happy to sit with their fingers up their asses and moan all the time instead of trying something?

Offline cloudgazer

• RPMods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
    • fontera
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 09:24:10 am »
it's not a tol gate hotline dingbat, it's the presidential hotline. Why is it so many South Africans are happy to sit with their fingers up their asses and moan all the time instead of trying something?

we have a history of apathy in this country.
people just don't wanna get involved or put in any effort.
sad, but true.

Offline Wasp

• Race Dog
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 10:54:12 am »
Wat del hel het die Presiden 'n "Tollgate hotline" voor, het hy nie beter dinge om te doen soos om die onderwys of behuising of sêfety te verbeter nie. Dink jy hierdie gaan werk: "culture of putting the citizen first"?  :patch:

I see some wilddogs must get out of the "wild" for a while and face real life.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:55:49 am by Wasp »

Offline Wasp

• Race Dog
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 10:54:50 am »
Hey ... if you don't buy a ticket your are not in the draw for the compitition ...
So probeer tenminste, daar is ongelukkig van ons wat van hierdie tol paaie moet gebruik maak om werk toe en terug te ry, die alternatiewe (grond paaie ens) gaan beteken ons moet nog 'n uur of 2 vroeer opstaan as wat ons al reeds doen.

:thumleft:

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • bekyk die wereld deur n opgewasemde bril.
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 05:07:16 pm »
Here's my tollgate procedure;park bike in front of pay-window,get off and reaaaaly take my time getting out
wallet,pay[always take slip],then it's another episode getting wallet arranged. Now comes starting that
XT500! It always takes 1st time,but boy,you park it in front of that window,and its 10 kicks before I
turn on the ignition!Yes,motorists do get frustrated and that is what I want,the car guys must also
say;Just let those tortoises through for free!
As ek jy was sou ek nie so gelyk het nie.

Offline cloudgazer

• RPMods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
    • fontera
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 05:09:22 pm »
Here's my tollgate procedure;park bike in front of pay-window,get off and reaaaaly take my time getting out
wallet,pay[always take slip],then it's another episode getting wallet arranged. Now comes starting that
XT500! It always takes 1st time,but boy,you park it in front of that window,and its 10 kicks before I
turn on the ignition!Yes,motorists do get frustrated and that is what I want,the car guys must also

LOL, ot's probably also a good time to light up a smoke.

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Never give up.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 05:18:29 pm »
the number she is exxpeerinsing to much high volume..eeesh....try again please....at a later stage...when the presedent he is available........
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 05:31:17 pm »

I do the same, without the kickstart though. :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Never give up.
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 05:40:32 pm »
I always ask for discount in a heavy german accent...always get the f@ck you smile.......
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

GreenMamba1974

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 06:03:28 pm »

good one dan, all bikers must do that.  in the end the car drivers will campaign for us to go through for free!  ;)

Offline Eventually

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 09:15:57 pm »
Jy weet jy poep teen donderweer ne?

Wat de moer soek julle op toll paaie, daar is alternatiewe roetes?  ;)

If you try and succeed, you gain something, if you try and fail, you lose nothing. I say "Finger out en poep teen donderweer!"
Tarred roads: a perfect example of needless government spending.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 10:51:34 pm »

good one dan, all bikers must do that.  in the end the car drivers will campaign for us to go through for free!  ;)
or they will campain to have bikes banned! Think about that!

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 11:16:30 pm »
How will they do that ,Rob?

Offline Williaby

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 11:20:11 pm »
By calling the presidential hotline...... :imaposer:
If you wanna run with the big dogs, don't pee like a puppy!

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 11:23:41 pm »
Oops!