Yet another another Canal Road ride - 20091018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
Janneman asked me to get a thread going for the people to post some pics – happy to help, and thanks for starting something that became yet another Canal ride.  

Malgat once said he never gets tired of the Canal roads as they are always different with different people, and different bikes, and today was special to me as there were a few riders who had never been along one of Gauteng Dog’s favorite piece of gravel.

Last nights rains made the road perfect today – Just enough rain to settle the dust, but no mud-monsters. In fact it seemed to me that the guys were aiming at the puddles up front !  

Also what was interesting about today’s ride was that we had ten bikes, and no two were the same – I don’t think this has happened to me before.

To me there were three bikes that really made riding along at the back fun.

The first was MadMike’s R80GS (I think that’s the model, please correct me) This superbly restored bike dates back to the early eighties, but with MadMike on it today it behaved like a hyperactive teenager – powersliding around every corner and blasting through every mud-puddle. That bike had serious fun. Impressive.

The second was the 950 SE that left one long snake-groove all the way from Harties to Beestekraal. If that bike can go straight and slow I never saw it today.  

And last but not least it was nice for me to see a T660Z actually moving – sheet but that is a sexy looking bike – and is certainly no slouch. It was hard for me to see which of the XT660Z or the old R80 was having the most fun.

So for the statisticians:-

Beemer: R80GS, 650CGS, 1150 & 1200, KTM:  950SE, Yammie: XT660Z (yup, I want one of those!)  Honda AT & TA, Kawa: KLR & KLE.

Thanks all – after today I just wanna get out there and ride.

A couple of pics.  <<<<< Gone ? Missing in the Photo Bucket bucket? >>>>

Sorry about the quality of the action shots – had the camera ISO set all wrong. Must RTFM (Read The Flippin Manual)

Dam looked good early in the morning after a wet night.

CanalBeestekraal_20091018002.jpg

CanalBeestekraal_20091018003.jpg

Some badly blurred puddle-crossings

CanalBeestekraal_20091018005.jpg

CanalBeestekraal_20091018006.jpg

CanalBeestekraal_20091018007.jpg

CanalBeestekraal_20091018010.jpg