Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: A Day ------Ooooooh to be Young Again.  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Just a girl on a bike!
Re: A Day ------Ooooooh to be Young Again.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 07:49:14 am »
Bwahahahahaaaaa  :imaposer:  I think you've just started something you may have wish you had not....     :mwink:
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Hondsiff Honda

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 07:49:52 am »
Shite that looks like fun, hows that 690 :drif:

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 07:53:37 am »
I have not had so much fun on a bike in a long time ;D

Every jump we found we jumped, every water crossing we blasted through, most corners encountered were drifted or slided - it was awesome :ricky:

In the right hands (Blazes and Hoofseun) the DR underwent a transformation. First Hoofseun proved me wrong and showed me that it can indeed be wheelied. Thereafter Blazes gave it some serious air-time and at one stage both of them showed that it's potential far exceeds my riding ability when they did some serious speed with it over rough / loose terrain.

It was a fantastic experience hopping from one bike onto the next and experiencing the strenghts and weeknesses of each bike first hand.

Excellent biking, food and company - I still had a smile on my face hours after the ride came to an end.

A huge thank you to Blazes for organising and showing trust by making his two Huskie's also available for the ride.

Thanks also to Hoofseun, Jules and Banie - it was fantastic riding with you guys :thumleft:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 07:57:39 am »
Bwahahahahaaaaa  :imaposer:  I think you've just started something you may have wish you had not....     :mwink:
You know me Mal--I Never start something i do Not finish  ::)
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Jules

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • Living with "LevenNinetyItis" and Loving it
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 08:00:49 am »

HOOOOLIGAN!!!

It is unreal how they got a 650 Single to run like that!
On a small stretch of tar I got to 170 in a blink of an eye and kept it there with no effort at all. It has heaps of power but has a very smooth delivery, Stock I think they need a bit of time getting the suspension and steering set up 100% but you wont find a faster enduro out there !
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:01:34 am by Jules »
690R Lost but not forgotten
1190R

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 08:01:37 am »
I have not had so much fun on a bike in a long time ;D

Every jump we found we jumped, every water crossing we blasted through, most corners encountered were drifted or slided - it was awesome :ricky:

In the right hands (Blazes and Hoofseun) the DR underwent a transformation. First Hoofseun proved me wrong and showed me that it can indeed be wheelied. Thereafter Blazes gave it some serious air-time and at one stage both of them showed that it's potential far exceeds my riding ability when they did some serious speed with it over rough / loose terrain.

It was a fantastic experience hopping from one bike onto the next and experiencing the strenghts and weeknesses of each bike first hand.

Excellent biking, food and company - I still had a smile on my face hours after the ride came to an end.

A huge thank you to Blazes for organising and showing trust by making his two Huskie's also available for the ride.

Thanks also to Hoofseun, Jules and Banie - it was fantastic riding with you guys :thumleft:

Was super that you could join Kykdaar.

Was just wondering about that SMILE Barnie had on his face when he left for home---We beleive him as to WHY he was Smiling  ;)  I just hope His WIFE does  ::)
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Hoofseun

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Hang on
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 08:08:37 am »

I remember just about two weeks or so ago when you went flying over these jumps next to the rail with your DRZ. Pity we did not get any pictures, but maybe also good :pot:
"You are never to old to learn something new"

Johan Gray
BMW R 1200GS L/C

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 08:09:52 am »

HOOOOLIGAN!!!

On a small stretch of tar I got to 170 in a blink of an eye and kept it there with no effort at all. It has heaps of power but has a very smooth delivery, Stock I think they need a bit of time getting the suspension and steering set up 100% but you wont find a faster enduro out there !
One word---INSANE.
Current Scooters --

Hondsiff Honda

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 08:12:41 am »

HOOOOLIGAN!!!

Dying to test one, recon Ill swing past katoom and see

Offline Jules

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 08:19:28 am »

HOOOOLIGAN!!!

I think its about the only single out there that is a true upgrade from the XR. More power, better suspension, better brakes, Happy Button, etc

Take your credit card with when you go for a test  drive and save yourself the travel to go back home to fetch it after!!!    :biggrin:

Jules
1190R

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 08:23:49 am »
I thought that 690 had mega-knobbly's on the way it gripped and went, but it was normal dual sport tyres.

Ultra smooth power delivery and a serious turn of speed is what stood out for me.

I can now see why everyone that climbs on a KTM likes to push things a little bit - the bike actually revels in it's ability and performance - A truly awesome machine :thumleft:

Offline bradleys

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 08:30:39 am »
Nice post and pics guys ,yeah that 690 is one sweet beast.
ROUTE DIFFICULTY
1 = tar
2 = good gravel /pillian friendly
3 = interspersed with sand, mud, sand , bush / not pillian friendly
4 = lots of sand, technical riding 5 = expert only

Hondsiff Honda

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 08:38:13 am »

HOOOOLIGAN!!!

I think its about the only single out there that is a true upgrade from the XR. More power, better suspension, better brakes, Happy Button, etc

Take your credit card with when you go for a test  drive and save yourself the travel to go back home to fetch it after!!!    :biggrin:

Jules

>:D 

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 10:47:42 am »

HOOOOLIGAN!!!

Jules

Looks like you had a sleepless night Jules.  ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline Jules

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 11:00:25 am »

HOOOOLIGAN!!!

Jules

Naaa that decision was made a while ago, sums were made etc, Yesterday just confirmed that I was making the right choice for me!

;)
1190R

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 03:13:03 pm »
Nice post and pics guys ,yeah that 690 is one sweet beast.
Thank's--Yes definately a market out there for the 690 E and The R ----For Jules ( Hooligan.) :peepwall:
Current Scooters --

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 04:02:41 pm »

HOOOOLIGAN!!!

Jules

Naaa that decision was made a while ago, sums were made etc, Yesterday just confirmed that I was making the right choice for me!

;)

Ja, Jules, I could see that faraway look in your eyes already these past two weekends!  The look of a man with a plan!  :biggrin:

Offline Splash

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2009, 04:33:05 pm »
Impressive stuff - great pics.
Have bike, will ride.

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 07:24:20 pm »

I remember just about two weeks or so ago when you went flying over these jumps next to the rail with your DRZ. Pity we did not get any pictures, but maybe also good :pot:

Was not me... I am very quiet on rides... or was that the day you guys said I was too slow in the early parts... :)
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 07:50:05 pm »

Was not me... I am very quiet on rides... or was that the day you guys said I was too slow in the early parts... :)

or was that the day you guys said I was too slow in the early parts... :)

I thought that was foreplay  ::)
Current Scooters --