Broken Virginity - West Canal Way!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

transnewbie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
As i am starting to type this ride report, i battle to get my fingers to push the right keys, as i caaarrrnt feel my arms!!

This was my and "The Collar's" first ride out with the dogs, I would just like to warn any prospective dogs to never ever believe Malgat when he types during a Ride Planning that a ride is "easy as pie"

We started the morning very early, we were up before any sparrows have even thought of a fart, the roads were very quiet as we made our way to Harties, got there met up with the rest of the dogs and introductions followed, what a friendly bunch of people!

DSC00148.jpg

The Collar checking out the bikes

DSC00147.jpg

Approx 30 minutes later and we were down, in the mud, my first confrontation with the mud monster and we were eating mud, I must say the comaraderie and sportsmanship is well apppreciated.

DSC00156.jpg

and then i fell foul again of the mud monster and went down again, twice, this time our fairly new riding kit was full of mud, Shaun showed me how to pick up the bike....

DSC00158.jpg

After some good riding and Shaun playing host to The Collar on his bike, I had to get the feeling of the bike so he graciously offered to let the collar ride pillion with him. We stopped at Beestekraal Station, the most amazing sight some cool refreshments were enjoyed which went down very well and a cheese burger followed suite.

DSC00161.jpg

It was then decided that we would split into 2 groups the fast group and the slow group, no prizes to guess in which group i decided to ride in, follow the north channel road and the winding road, my nerves were shot and tired ness came over me, and me and the collar decided to opt out of the rest of the ride and got onto some tar and followed the road to Brits, then Harties then .................

Here we stopped under a tree just before Brits to have some hot water

DSC00166.jpg

We stopped off at the Wimpy to have a cold Coke, and then hit the road for the final journey home, when we came ove rthe hill  by Lanseria it seemed that the sky was alive with Lightning and thunder, as we turned onto the R28 the rain came down pouring, luckilly a large percentage of the mud was washed of the bike.

We would just like to  thank each and everyone for making me and the Collar feel welcome, for all the advise that was given, and especially for all the times we were helped up and the encouraging words, we will be back!

Oh Malgat, it wasnt as easy as pie, i am now put of pies for life ;)