I lost it again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I came down quite hard this afternoon on the R101 on my way from Midrand to Centurion, just after the Olifantsfontein turn off.

Basically what happened was:
where the two lanes become one, I normally filter between the lanes, close to where the road becomes one. I then filter left through the cars and motor down on the shoulder to where the traffic is flowing steadily then move back onto the carrageway.

But today I decided not to be windgat and tried to stay on the tar. MISTAKE!!!!
The edge is very uneven and the shoulder about 200mm lower than the tar.
Kapping it slowly past the cars, one uneven edge caught the front and whacked me to the ground, on the edge of the tar.
Laying there I felt this was quite a shot, had no pain or so. Gathered my senses and got up. Or tried to, as soon as I put the slightest weight on my right leg, the leg collapses :eek:

Firstly thanks to the 3 guys the stopped there,  to assist. Johan offered me a ride home to collect the bakkie. Thank you so much man, I owe you a beer or 6.
My buddy took my bakkie and fetched the bike as I almost passed out as I got in the front door at home.
Same thing happened again at the hospital when the Doc bend my knee a bit.

Result: Not entirely sure yet, but it seems nothing is broken as I can move it up and down, so two my ankle. Doc said it is most lightly the cross ligament that's stuffed.

Bike: Bled out on the side of the road :'(
Clutch cover scraped on the edge of the tar and formed a lekker hole.

Ja well, par the course I suspect.

PS: Assault jacket prevented all injuries to my body.
     Gearne boots prevented all ankle injuries.
     Knee guards prevented all impact injuries to knees, but do not prevnt twisting movement.
     Jeans did not prevent a lekker roastie on the hip ;D