Lesotho Lite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whethefakawe

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Just to show where my other foot is, my puny little Lesotho ride (compared to the others on here) a year ago with my friend JB, a hardcore BMW type. He has nevcer ridden a KTM as far as I know :D
Not much new here, just a few shots of beautiful scenery I'm sure everybody has seen.

Lunch in Clarens

Golden Gate

The climb up to Oxbow, from Fouriesburg side

Petrol stop in Makhotlong, I put this guy's 2 year old son on my bike, he went straight for the handlebars and started shaking them side to side. I always suspected it was a gemetic thing, now I know. The bike fetish I mean.

Between Makhotlong and Sani, JB took some brilliant shots of this section which I can't upload till I get a new computer, will try soon. I still break out in a cold sweat when I think of riding this on my XR 650. The stuff fantasies are made of.

Arrival at Sani top, the fog was so dense you could see maybe 10m, this was taken after it lifted a bit.

Once the fog bank rolled through it was a brilliant day.

Mission accomplished, from here on it was all downhill. The oke behind the counter was a local from the Himeville area, very sociable type, he had us in stitches.

Got the T-shirt too

Paradise

Rorke's Drift, interesting place in a spectacular setting. Something like 13 VC's were awarded here

Isandlhwana, the white cairns mark where British soldiers fell. There are something like 1100 of them, spread all over, but heavily concentrated around the hill. This is a very eerie place - I'm about as far from psychic as one can be, but I could feel a very strong presence. wonder what a few beers would reveal :D What made the biggest impression on us was the complacency and utter stupidity of the British commanders - they tried to make a stand in the open, when the hill behind is one of the best defensive positions imaginable.
This is an absolutely stunning part of the country, with many k's of gravel roads made for DS'ing.

We then rode to Nelspruit, spent 2 days and back to Joburg. Just a quick one, but saw some stellar sights. My rented GS650 performed flawlessly, as long as you keep in mind it's not a dirtbike. I also never made friends with the seat, but overall it's a great little touring machine.