Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Places to ride in and out of Gauteng  (Read 755 times)

Offline Nevar

• Pack Dog
Places to ride in and out of Gauteng
« on: November 12, 2009, 01:19:47 pm »
I have ridden a few places so far but would like to find some more places to ride

Places I have been

Rhino Park

Out ride is nice when there has not been to much rain in the week ,deep quad and bike tire holes on the begging of the out ride but as you go out a bit further it becomes a nice flat out ride with lots of place to practice your turning skills.Mx track was verry sandy when I was last there. Bathrooms where pretty clean and a nice beer tent place thingy

Erora

2 Out rides one technical where you can climb some embankments and ride up and down lots of hills.Second outride more of a flat track out ride , track is verry bumpy and high speed 3/4 gear most of the time.Havent tried the mx track.Bathrooms was a bit dirty but not disgusting also nice shop to get some stuff to drink and mybe a boerewors roll or 2

Dirt Bronco

Must say my favorite place to ride so far nice novice mx track with a few tabletops and woops to practice your jumps. Out ride was interesting we ventured out to the mine dump's side and climbed nice hills also some very nice and steep service roads that side.Other out ride close to the track get very muddy and is to short to really be interesting.Bathrooms a bit small but clean , nice fastfood place with a pub by the track.

In die bos --- Out side PTA

Short out ride track meant more for quad's turns are very close to each other so also a nice place to practice cornering over shooting the turns was my biggest problem bike never went out of 3rd/4th, some braai facilities 2 toilets fairly clean

De wildt.

Not fit enouf to ride there yet and seems you need a guide or a gps not to get too lost.

So where do the rest of you dirt bikers ride ?

Offline bertrand

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Don't worry: Watch!
Re: Places to ride in and out of Gauteng
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:58:27 am »
There are two places in the south next to Klipriver drive / road.
Current: BMW F800GS, BMW G650 X-Challenge   Previous: KLR650C, Honda Varadero XL1000V

Offline >Herman<

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R
  • If not now, when?
    • Botsepehi Consulting
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 07:36:13 am »
Sambok Bar on the old Pretoria - Bronkhorstspruit road.

Offline Tbone

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 01:07:12 pm »
Hey bud

You can ride in Maraisburg. It's free, just park and ride. Facilities are not good ! My friend and I ride every Sunday form about 07:00 in the morning and we do about 52km every time. Ride from mine dump to mine dump. Terrain varies from normal sand to rocks, logs, mud, uphills, down hills, whoops, forest, jumps and your imagination...... If the terrain is too difficult there are places to go around the obstacles. You can ride from there to dirt bronco if you really want to which will be about 110km-130km there and back. This really is my favorite place to ride at the moment. I ride a Honda CRF 230F and my mate rides a Honda CRF 450X. Take the Maraisburg turn off on the N1 when travelling from Randburg to Bloemfontein. Turn right over the highway and left again at the CMR golf course. Follow the road straight passing the golf course on your left until you get to the garage where everyone parks. If you want to get to know the rout you can meet up there and follow.

Sweet
Tbone
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:34:30 pm by Tbone »

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 03:17:21 pm »
De Wildt is the best place, have a look on E-dirt for the Mud-x newby rides, you will soon get the hang of it. The is also Wild West on the Hennops River road, pretty easy loop of about 12km, Arrows Rest at Harbeespoort Dam, slightly tecnical but good fun and then Sambok, just be careful there after dark.....
KTM 990R
Gas Gas 300 now we cooking
Lisdectia rules ko

Offline Biker boy

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:15:41 am »
I have mapped a nice road from Klipriver( alberton) to vereeniging. 3 river crossing and lots and lots of mud if it rained!

Can send you google mapped root.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:16:49 am by Biker boy »
Current Bikes: BMW GSA, KX 450, Beta Trails 300, BMW R27 - 1961