Sat 18th - Short quick trip to Harties

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funacide

Race Dog
Administrator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
So BLA-BLA and I had a few hours to kill on Saturday morning so we decided to do a short trip to Harties for some breakfast before I had to be in Kyalami and he had to get to the airport.

We met at Zwartkops and waited to just past 7am to see if anyone from the forum would pitch who didn't post a response.
DSC00760.JPG

BLA-BLA's baby with all the new TT goodies on. Note all the TT stickers on (are you advertising or what??) :lol:
DSC00761.JPG

From here we headed out to Harties on the dirt road shown to us on the previous Cannal trip by Shark_za, a nice short fast section with some awesome scenery.
DSC00762.JPG

DSC00763.JPG

Arrrived at Harties and pulled into MAXIS (opposite the Zoo/Snake Park) where we met some friendly DS riders (2 x 1150 ADV's and 1 x 1200GS) already having breakfast. DS riders always seem to be friendly!!! We also invited them to join the forum....

After 2 large coffees and some good breakfast, we headed out over the dam wall to see the water flowing fast down the river (not a common site at Harties over the past while and only one gate open, imagine the water flow if the open all the gates...
DSC00764.JPG

DSC00766.JPG

DSC00767.JPG

From here we headed out on the Sattelite road towards Pinehaven. While on the Sattelite road and pushing hard, we finally proved that the Blue one (my bike) is faster. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I will not mention the speeds we were doing in fear of prosecution.

After exploring another route through to Magaliesburg (past the Cradle) and making a note of some good looking dirt roads that deserve some exploring some time in the near future, we arrived at Pinehaven where we stopped for a coke before heading back.

Thanks for the ride BLA, it was good fun.

:) :) :) :) :)