Rietfontein Cave, six bushmen ride and walk to cave.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wave rider

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
This thread is worthless without pictures!!
There I said it, now as soon as I've learnt how to I will down load them. In the meantime  the other WD's who went with will hopefully show there pics.
From George Smitdy and I the PE dogs MR.T BMWPE Nemo and Gunter. We departerd from my house at 12 on Saturday, first the shops for those that needed supplies.Montague Pass to Amandas Grave fist stop, Perdepoort then a left to get to the Oudtshoorn road onto Zebra and Mount Hope over to the Kandelaars River. A quick stop at the inside farm to let the farmer know that we are on our way a touch of tar then the dirt road towards Paardebont. In about a 140 km only about ten of those were on tar not bad hey. Plaas pad twee spoor and the cave is in sight, but to get there is a different story firstly I take on the hill "and with a little help from my friends" I make it. Next MR.T here we take of the panniers and up he goes. Smitdy left his bike just there and hopped onto the old farm bakkie, offload the bakkie and down we go to fetch the others. Nemo and Gunter decided to leave thier bikes at the bottom and BMWPE tackeld the little hill on the corner he also needed a push.
Everyone up and off to the cave here David has done a very nice job on setting up facilities, basic but the toilet (flush) has a veiw. The cave was used by bushmen in the past evidence of this is the rock art paintings that adorne parts of the walls.
Well everyone braaied and had a great party.    More to follow watch this thread.