WD Annual bash 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkybar

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Wow..what a bash!
Thanks to everyone involved in the organising of the annual bash this year. Amazing spot, nice weather, enough trees, not too cold....lekker food, although there was some unhappy faces and sounds going around on Saturday but .....whats done, is done!
Some of the GP WD's came down to Hoopstad on Thursday afternoon to sleep over in our garden. There was some concern about the neighbours complaining etc. but they behaved!  :thumleft: We didn't have to chase them into a cage and keep them locked up until Friday morning. :angel10:
We all had a proper meal at the Stables restaurant in the main road ( they are famous for hamburgers the size and height of a big dinner plate.) All was in great spirits in anticipation for the ride on Friday. :ricky:
Went to bed early enough....got up at 5h30 and all started packing up. Left our house at 8h00 to fill up petrol. This morning I get calls from all over town of people trying to find out what went on in town ???..........just a Wilddog invasion! Don't worry!!  :thumleft:
Haba, Oetie, Major Tom, Cave Girl, Tweetie, Tonteldoos, Tank Girl, DarthVtwin, Miles, Wild Hearted Son, GSDawid - all left my house and rode past the school to fill up  - the kids were amazed at this sight!
I could not take a lot of pics due to being right at the back - carrying everyone's kit so they can enjoy the trip! So come on guys...fill us in please! Post those pics!! :useless:

Hertzogville and then the gravelroad to Boshoff....... Not too bad....some guys enjoyed it and others lost some luggage  :peepwall: along the way due to the vibrations!!
Had a wonderfull cashbar waiting at the hotel with Willem, Hans, Reinier, biela, HentieBM, DeonDJ and Wooly Bugger waiting with something cold in hand.
After some bikes with the miniture tanks filled up, the group split with some taking gravel towards Douglas and other hitting the tar towards Kimberley.
About 10 km's outside boshoff I see these 2 bikers standing next to the road. I slowed down, wanting to stop and enquire about the problem ..just to get a quick  :thumleft: and I can go on riding.......
Maybe 20km before Kimberley my phone rings......" Melktjoklits, kom help asb! ek het 'n papwiel."  :dontknow: Had to chase in the front bikers to let them know I have to turn around.
Made my U-turn and went back - 35km before I see the same 2 bikers next to the road - a certain 800GS already ynloaded. Turned in, took everything of the back of the bakkie...... Between Wooly Bugger, DeonDJ and me, we had to pick that lewensgevaarlike beast up onto the back and repack everything again. BMW - on - call did not respond quick enough. Took the beast to BMW to have a tube replaced due to a screw.... :-\
Left Kimberley at 13h30 to the bash.......an hour later I meet up with some Wd's taking a break under a nice shady tree just outside Smidtsdrif.
Left them after greeting just to get another call from a lewensgevaarlike owner" Ek dink nie ek het genoeg petrol  om Griquastad te maak nie. Gaan so bietjie wag tot die  garage oopmaak en dis eers 2h30" Siesta time in the Karoo!  :sleepy1: Getting there I pass the graveltravelers and some stop at the same place in Cambell.....and guess what....No petrol...Oops, now what??? :'( Put the "lewensgevaarlik" back on the bakkie????  >:D No.....CG had a jerrycan filled with petrol on the bakkie, so we borrowed some and head on to Griquastad.
Filled up the insides of the bikes as well as bodies at the only petrolstation in town and then took the last 100km's to the bash.