The Chronicles of Damduiker and Draadtrekker (Northern Cape) DAY 5 ADDED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Day 1 (PEnis - Graaff-Reinet)
(Wednesday 11th November 2009)

Originally we planned to leave after work on Wednesday and trailer the bikes to Graaff-Reinett which will make it possible for us to reach Verneukpan in 1 day and sleep there.... so that’s what we did but we left a bit earlier so that we can do Valley of Desolation and drink.....

Our first stop was Jansenville where we bought some refreshments.
IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

About 6 klippies en cola later we arrived at the Heerenhuys Guest House. https://www.wheretostay.co.za/heerenhuys/ Jannie managed to arrange with Willie en Koba Odendaal that we can leave the bakkie and trailer there until we return the Monday. Before we could unpack I was forced to drink some water with whiskey....
IMG_0457.jpg

Jannie joined in and soon gave birth to a fantastic idea....... “let’s take a ride..... “
IMG_0467.jpg

The ride up to the view point is awesome and I would love to do it with full ATGATT :ricky:

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

As we arrived back at the guesthouse we decided to go for supper and invited Willie and Koba with.....  I loved the Afrikaans menu....
IMG_0493.jpg

We had way toooo much to drink... and i knew this was going to be an awesome trip.
IMG_0495.jpg

The next morning we planned to be on the road by 5am... we had 550km to do the next day of which 100% was dirt......... easy..... if you don't have to worry about flats, detours, friends, drinks and farm fences!

Day 2 to follow!