Wild Dog Calendar Girls Training weekend ... girls do it with gusto !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gray

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Wow, being a Wild Dog Calendar girl really has it's perks.  :biggrin:  :thumleft:

We were fortunate to get a weekend of training presented by Hoofseun (Johan Gray), Malibu (Judy) & Hein Prinsloo who are from Africa Dream Adventures. ADA also runs the Honda Adventure Academy. Michael Steyn from Dual Purpose Adventures made sure we were well fed & hydrated.  Mmmm very yummy food  :drif: & the best part is you didn’t have to prepare anything yourself - what a pleasure  ;)

The training was specifically adapted for the ladies and covered all the basics of off-road riding skills – clutch, throttle & brake control, balance, weight distribution, look up, look up, look up !!!  :3some:

The pace was just right and each rider had plenty of opportunities to repeat the exercises.  It was amazing to see how the confidence levels grew over the weekend.  Many smiles  ;D & “yeehaas” as obstacles were overcome.

1.jpg

Morning sunshine … our camp sight

2.jpg

Outdoor breakfast … how cool is this?

31.jpg

Phew, it was a a bit of a scorching hot day … dawgs taking cover in the shade – sunblock was NOT an optional extra

3.jpg

The venue offered a huge variety of terrain to practice on

4.jpg

And then the heavens opened on Sat night … thanx Michael for having a tent available for us.  
Jules has some very good advice ... "Don't look up to check out the rain ... a huge rain drop splat on the eyeball is quite a painful experience."  :laughing4:

5.jpg

Mmmm … strange things start happening when we are confined to small spaces … Jules up to mischief (as usual  :peepwall:)

6.jpg

Check that grin … Is Blondie in heaven or what ?

7.jpg

Hein providing some personal attention when the going got a bit tough.  Well done Olive Oil … you did great !

8.jpg

Tankgirl … taking the sand as it comes.  Another huge grin  :biggrin:

9.jpg

Ooops … some were just a tad “moeg”  ;) and went to lie down a bit – luckily a gentle soft landing

91.jpg

Racing-Chic … showing us how it’s done  :thumleft: You were a star this weekend - well done

92.jpg

The group for the weekend.
Missing from the pic: Magic63 - unfortunately had to leave after the first day due to a clutch problem.  Misty – unfortunately came down with the flu when she arrived on Friday night and wisely opted to return to camp to rest half way through day two.

93.jpg

Yay … our awesome training group for the weekend !!!  This was fun !

94.jpg

We were even issued with cool professional certificates … a very satisfied student & trainer … the smiles say it all !

A VERY VERY special thank you to the trainers & food providers.  Also to all that joined us for the weekend, whether you participated or observed - you were an awesome bunch.  Another special THANK YOU to Dakota for allowing me to take her new baby for a spin .... awe I am still drooling  :drif: ... it's such a cool bike  :thumleft:.  I'm sure you will do lots & lots of super duper adventures on her.  

You WD ladies can kick some butt !!! >:D  Makes me feel very proud to be part of the pack.  I look forward to the next Ladies outing/adventure/”kuier”.  Can’t wait to go practice some of our new learnt skills !!!