Scooter Run-in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Steady

A few days ago I picked up my new bike, a 1200 Adventure and posted a few pic's of it on this forum. Anyway it needed an easy 1000km's put on the clock to run it in so I thought I would do that quickly today and so a trip to Fouriesberg was undertaken.

Jo'Burg to the Vaal Dam
DSCN3684.jpg

Sadly my pride and joy has been nicknamed " The Scoota" as Mrs Steady says it looks like a delivery bike. She's not far wrong but that top box is the dog's bollocks as I found out. Fit's plenty inside so a days outing is a pleasure.
Just before Oranjeville it was onto the proper roads.
[/img]
DSCN3688.jpg

Down to Frankfort and then onto Petrus Steyn, pictured here. There is not much chance of this town bumping Clarens off it's perch as the home away from home for the Sandton City gang!
DSCN3689.jpg

Back onto the tar towards Reitz and then heading south down to Bethlehem on a network of roads which cross the Liebenberg's Vlei river every now and again.
DSCN3691.jpg

DSCN3692.jpg

Went into Clarens, big mistake, full of high heeled ladies fascinating the art gallery sales assistants. Fortunatly the road to Fouriesberg is just beyond and it is still a great road to ride.
DSCN3704.jpg

DSCN3707.jpg

Time was running out and I headed back towards the Big Smoke and home but not before visiting a few more scenic spots.
DSCN3694.jpg

DSCN3700.jpg

And finally Lesotho's greatest export, water, this is the Ash river which eventually becomes the Liebenbergs Vlei and then flows into the Wilge which flows into the Vaal Dam. But you cleva lot knew that already.
DSCN3701.jpg

A long day out and 752 k's onto the clock - pity a bike is only new once. I still love my Dakar, but will have to get some of those wide foot pegs fitted to that bike. I must say that the reports I read on this forum were the inspiration to get a bigger bike which will go places two up in comfort and if first impressions are anything to go by I may have to improve my writing skills and post a few reports of the trips I have planned for next year.