Investment Biker, around the world with Jim Rogers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yefimovich

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Just finished reading Investment Biker by Jim Rogers and its amazing!

Jim Rogers and his girlfriend travel around the world, basically in its entirety during the early nineties on R100RTs. From Ireland to Japan and Back to Ireland, through Africa, Australia, New Zealand, South and North America. Non stop and totalling 65067miles by bike.

As an economics student I found his forecasts as to what was going to happen where, especially his predictions about the Soviet Union and South Africa, his insight into government interference in economies and his real world experiences of there ruinous effects, the effects of price controls, exchange controls and his first hand account of the "on the street" collapse of Soviet Russia and Communism, absolutely incredible!

What is particularly noteworthy is the fact that he, as an american, during the early nineties managed to ride through the Soviet Union and China. And of course crossing the Sahara on a full on road tourer!
Wow!

I found my copy in a mysterious box in my granny's garage but it seems to be available on Amazon, Enjoy!  :thumleft:

images

This is an R100RT BTW: Dualsport what?? :peepwall:

R100RTbl.jpg