Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Why so few Swaziland RR's?  (Read 357 times)

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
Why so few Swaziland RR's?
« on: December 07, 2009, 04:46:07 pm »
I'm sitting here wondering why there are so few Ride Reports from Swaziland. Is there a technical reason like that it's difficult to get in, or is the terrain not good for biking?
Or does Lesotho simply feature much more because we like the more challenging terrain.

I haven't been to Swaziland, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks
LeonDude
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
Re: Why so few Swaziland RR's?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 05:57:53 pm »
LD You are missing a lot--problem is. One of the best places to ride and the friendliest people you have ever met--Fuel is also cheaper. Many km of some of the best forest roads one can wish for. Maybe because it is so small people think their is nothing to see  ??? Going back this year after xmas again. Love the place and the pace it slowly moves on..............
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
  • ...anything with an engine an 2wheels
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 06:55:08 pm »
hi ive been there a few times...i just found it too busy with traffic and the scenic rides a bit short before u get to the busy sections again....lots of people and animals and taxis and stuff..but not bad to cross through...on your way somewhere...watch speed in built up areas tho...
mother ....only half a word ;-)

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:57:19 pm »
hi ive been there a few times...i just found it too busy with traffic and the scenic rides a bit short before u get to the busy sections again....lots of people and animals and taxis and stuff..but not bad to cross through...on your way somewhere...watch speed in built up areas tho...

unless u riding in the forest area..but then u need permission as far as i know...thats if u can get it

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 08:33:01 pm »
Where do you ride in Swaziland  ??? Been riding there since the 70's More gravel roads than you can wish for as well as the 4x4 T4A
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 10:21:21 pm »
Where do you ride in Swaziland  ??? Been riding there since the 70's More gravel roads than you can wish for as well as the 4x4 T4A
ridden..i wood say..in at bulembu from barberton mostly...nice gravel till u pick the tar near piggs peak..then down south through the country with various criss cross to big bend area and out near pongola...also done east to west into mozambique a few times.......i dont ride my current bike in sugar cane fields or forests...more touring two up routes for me....why am i missing something...share your routes with us

Offline funacide

• Administrator
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • Mediro Business Service Management
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 10:54:11 pm »
Good question LD.. I have been there 3 times in the car on business and have always promised to go back on the bike for a trip but just haven't gotten around to it yet...

So many places, so little time!!
KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 06:57:47 am »
ridden..i wood say..in at bulembu from barberton mostly...nice gravel till u pick the tar near piggs peak..then down south through the country with various criss cross to big bend area and out near pongola...also done east to west into mozambique a few times.......i dont ride my current bike in sugar cane fields or forests...more touring two up routes for me....why am i missing something...share your routes with us
Missing something--the forrest palnatations-A trip through His Majestys Royal Hunting Grounds-- Ngwenya mine--The oldest iron ore mine in the world. All the 4x4 tracks for Africa routes that are freely available. A trip along the endless canals. The single track roads that gets you from one village to the next--the list goes on and on.

But then if you are riding anything bigger than a 650cc--you will never get too see that lovely part of Swaziland and its wonderful people--Stay away from the towns---
Current Scooters --

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 07:05:53 am »
Thanks guys. Blazes I hope you will come back and post some gps tracks once the board has moved and we can attach again!  :thumleft:
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html