Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DR650SE Tool & Spare kit?  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Rob_A

Re: DR650SE Tool & Spare kit?
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 12:13:39 pm »
I found the Gedore ring - set spanners far preferable to the "double ended wrenches" that one gets in toolkits. This is because the ring side of the spanner is angled down, much sharper than other makes, as well as being further away from the handle (hope you can figure this out). Because of this it almost acts as a socket and can works brilliantly on the recessed bolts that you normally find on motorcycle aluminium cases.

For the larger size allen sockets, such as 8mm and 10mm, one can just cut a small piece off the allen tool and use the gedore ring side of the spanner on these pieces to undo the allen nuts.  This does not work with set spanners.
There come  times in your life when you must say goodbye to the things you know & hi to the things you don't know.

Offline jenks

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • just call me slim
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 12:52:58 pm »
I need to check my socket sizes as well  :-\ , KD! My cycling multi-tool has a nice allen key to socket set up - but I never really checked the sizes!!
dr650se "Honest Joe"

Ganjora

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 06:03:51 am »
P.S. Someone should tell Ganjorra that without a 12 spanner he is going to kak to get his seat off with a 10, 14, 22 or 24 spanner in order to get to his battery. >:D :peepwall:

ahh,  kykdaar,  your comment is wise.
thus far i have been relying on the standard sazook tool kit,  in this regard.
maybe not the wisest thing - first rear puncture and I bent the standard spanner farked without even loosening the nut...

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 07:22:42 am »
P.S. Someone should tell Ganjorra that without a 12 spanner he is going to kak to get his seat off with a 10, 14, 22 or 24 spanner in order to get to his battery. >:D :peepwall:

ahh,  kykdaar,  your comment is wise.
thus far i have been relying on the standard sazook tool kit,  in this regard.
maybe not the wisest thing - first rear puncture and I bent the standard spanner farked without even loosening the nut...

;D Same thing happened to me.

These days if it does not say "King Tony" or "Gedore" or the like it does not even feature in the toolkit.