-- --DR650 Problems-- --HELP!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin-DR650

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Did a trip through Anysberg and 7weekspoort this past weekend,did about 718km's.
After every trip I clean the bike,chain,the air filter with some petrol,If you remove the seat on top of the carb there is a black pipe with a small filter on,I even clean that.

This morning I needed to be somewhere and about 3blocks away my DR started giving me shit. :mad:
BUT I havent washed or cleaned anything yet,was planning on doing that when I came back.

Anyway on the robot not far from my house the bike just died,there was just no throttle response,As if the bike isnt getting enough air or fuel. . .I dont know.Checked the oil and it was on the lower mark,but on the trip I checked it regularly and it was fine.

Managed to get home ,caled suzuki south,the guy said I must clean the airfilter,otherwise I must drain the carb(the little screw at the bottom,drained some fuel out.)
I did it all,I filled it with some oil and washed the bike,everything still nothing.
The bike doesnt even want to start now,and It's not ideling corectly ether.

What I want to do now is Remove he tank and then the Carb,The thing is I havent  done this before and need some help?Hopefully it will then start and be back to normal.?I just want to clean the thing,maybe there is some Sh!t in the carb. . . .

Lecap: I have done as you said,but how do I remove the carb now,I dont wanna mess things up,If you understand what im saying . . .

Can the Sparkplugs maybe have some roll in this?My bike have 9700km's on now.

Thanx
Will appreciate the help! :thumleft: