Williaby down! Bruised but okay....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williaby

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Coming home from Sandton to the East Rand where the N3 peels off at Gilloooly's to join the N12 there is a sharp bend. I was in the outside lane, already committed to the turn, when I was confronted with a road covered in oil.

I was going around 70 km/h and the bike slid out from under me in a sideways direction. It was pretty much a no win situation - if I had braked I would have fallen anyway so tried to ride it out. Happy to say that, although I am feeling a little bruised and have a bit of a sore neck, on the whole I am doing okay.

My dakar on the other hand has seen better days. Mostly cosmetic damage thankfully although I am going to need a supersize tube of lube for this  :deal:

Handlebars are a bit bent, bar end damaged, hand protector scratched, clutch lever broken off, front fairing cracked, both indicators broken off, exhaust and back fairing scratched and passenger footrest broken off.

Managed to at least drive her to Auto Alpina slowly and although they had closed for the evening the guys there took her in and even offered me a beer, which I gratefully accepted :thumleft: