Redding in the New Bootch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
So yesterday afternoon I got instructed by SWMBO (alias Red) that a dirt ride is prescribed to allow her to run in the new bootch. Remembered a little turnoff on the old Centurion/Krugersdorp road, just as you cross the bridge across the highway past the quarry near Diepsloot past the little shop, that I have always wanted to go and explore as I could see dirt road on the other side of the highway. You can actually see the other bridge as you cross the highway. We took the turnoff and lo and behold we discover a whole dirt riding area on our doorstep, the Rhenosterspruit Conservancy Discovered this morning, as I went looking for it on GoogleEarth that it has been mapped by Tracks4Africa (go to Featured Content and enable Tracks4Africa to get the overlay).

Bootch.jpg

Unfortunately we only had an hour or so to start exploring but some nice gravel roads, a water crossing and for Shark a bit a mud.

First turnaround area.

wP1000639.jpg

View looking southwest.

wP1000640.jpg

Red's second water crossing.

wP1000644.jpg

P1000645.jpg

View towards south.

wP1000641.jpg

Red on her way.

wP1000643.jpg

Roads.

wP1000647.jpg

wP1000649.jpg

wP1000651.jpg

It was an enjoyable appetizer. Will have to go back and explore the whole area at leisure and the best of all its right on our doorstep.

PS: The new boots are waterproof.