ok or BIG NO NO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ysterman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Took the ADV for an oil service yesterday at Northside Motorcycles, Steve as always were very friendly and although they were fully booked, they did the service anyway plus a few extras.

Besides the service, the forks were twisted and were re-aligned again.

One of the bash plate rubber mounts were broken :shock: (how I don?t know) and was replaced.

Did some reconstructive surgery on the one handlebar protector (grazed from a couple of incidents ?) ? came out very good. The paint job needs some attention, but I can understand that time was an issue & he promised that with next service it will all be fixed. (This was actually not requested)

Then, every time the ADV ran of its sidestand ? :shock: , there was an oil leak ? appeared to be from the air box and dripped on to the exhaust. Various opinions were that I overfilled the engine oil (have never topped it up ? :evil: ), so I asked them to check it out. Turns out it came from the gearbox oil breather ? apparently normal oil foams and can cause this (if you ride it like you stole it). So they filled it up with synthetic oil which might solve the problem. I think there is a problem with the breather, however, will check it out next time it runs off its side stand.

Then, I did something stupid (again) and this is the result :oops: :

Is it OK, only cut thru the rubber, nothing deeper and is approximately 3cm long? What should I do?