Greetings from the Pacific NorthWet - USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr BestRest

Puppy
Reaction score
My name is David Petersen, and I'm a motorcycle addict. I live in from the Pacific NorthWet, near Seattle Washington USA.

I've been off the bikes now for two days... the last 48 hours haven't been easy - every waking moment I think about the sweet sights, flavors and aromas of motorcycles. But somehow I've managed to keep off the bikes. Several days of bad weather have helped me stay clean and sober.

"One day at a time", I chant the mantra taught at the Motorcycle Anonymous (MA) meetings I attend every Wednesday night. My sponsor says I'm doing good.... but it hasn't been easy. I know that some day soon I'll probably surrender to those primal urges. Even now I can hear the lovely siren songs coming the bikes parked in the garage. If I surrender to their call the vicious cycle will start all over again and I'll be gone riding, riding, riding, trying to fill a hole in my heart that can never be truly satisfied.

I started riding when I was five, and over the past 45+ years I've ridden much of the western US, western Canada, and even a bit Downunder in NSW. But it's never been enough, I've never ridden enough miles, never spend enough hours in the saddle, never seen enough country, never explored enough roads and trails.

I fund my addiction with the proceeds from a commercial cabinet business in the Seattle area. Clients include Microsoft, Boeing, and other big names (big deal). If they only knew where their money was going, what black sins they were supporting they'd fire me in a minute.

A few years ago I started another business that makes motorcycle products. Named BestRest Products, we started out making back rests and luggage racks, mostly for BMW GS motorcycles. Since then we've expanded to include 12 volt motorcycle tire inflators, gauges, and now we also sell IPF lighting systems. You can check the site at this link:
https://www.bestrestproducts.com

I'm usually busy with the family, MA meetings, and other Stateside mailing lists, so I can't visit the Wild Dog site as much as I'd like, but when time permits I'll post occasional messages and keep you guys informed about my progress with motorcycling sobriety. Don't expect much, I admit that I'm weak and I usually can't keep away from the bikes very long. :lol:

PS. One of my CyclePump customers told me about this site. Blame Gunner.