X-Challenge vs XR650?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oo7

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I had the honour and privilige to swap bikes with Brakenjan yesterday during a ride in the mountains / plantations above Kleinmond (unfortunately no pics).

He took the BMX for a bit when I took his eks aar. Or rather the eks aar 'took' me.  Without vaseline.  :biggrin:  It was my first time on the legendary (or should I say "iconic"?) Honda XR650 and man, that monster is mental!!

You cannot compare the torque on the two machines and the accelleration on the Honda is just scary - especially on loose pebbles I had to turn his ear back time and again as the backwheel was just snaking too much. In corners if you just think about opening up -  powerslide here I come.

So one should rather not compare the BMX with the eks aar on a performance basis only, IMHO. I would imagine its more fair to get the HP2 and the XR up against each other. And even then I am afraid that the dude on the HP2 would have to know his story  . . . :pot: