Solo Trip that Brings Healing. Day 2 Added.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Day 1.  Somewhere up North. (For Malgat our friend.)

I stand in awe of the beauty and solace of this place. With a heavy heart and tear filled eyes I remember less than a handful of people who have shared some of these roads with me. And some that will never pass this way again ( iep kruger.)
As I ride some known roads and mostly unknown terrain—My thoughts are struggling to make sense of a year that has passed and brought good and bad with it.
Good friendships that have formed.
Bad –The loss of a very dear friend.

Before me a road that needed to be ridden alone to try and make sense of this crazy world we live in. A world full of confusion. Malgat always wanted to ride this particular road again. I took him and two other friends through there over a year ago. We talked many a time about how it would be to ride it from the other side. So it was now my turn to ride as two with Iep in my thoughts and heart. At times my chest felt like it could no longer endure the pain and wanted to burst wide open.
I was angry and rode far too fast most of the time—not caring as to the consequences of my stupid actions. My steed’s hooves complaining under the torture they were being put under to endure my ride.
Enough I cried aloud—as if someone would hear me in the middle of nowhere. I stopped and heard something—it was the whispering sound of the wind—the stillness of this beautiful place. It almost felt as though nature knew my pain and wanted to take the hurt away.
As I carried on along this road of pain—Nature seemed to slowly lift my heavy burden and replace it with its sheer beauty that I love so much. How the seasons change the place I am riding through. Is that not how we change from season to season?
The rain will bring healing to the dry and lifeless bush-and so will we be healed once again

Some pics.

dsc01691k.jpg

dsc01664j.jpg

dsc01650b.jpg

dsc01651u.jpg

The road Iep wanted to travel again.

dsc01649ui.jpg

dsc01648j.jpg

dsc01647c.jpg

dsc01628af.jpg

Malgat when all was good.

dsc02195o.jpg

This was a four day Journey--Day 2 to follow--if anyone is interested-------------------- Otherwise i will just put All my feelings in a box and creep back into my shell again with my thoughts.

Day 2. Closure

That night I listen as squadron after squadron of Mosquito’s re-grouping after each and every attack on me in my place of refuge—I hear the Bush baby dropping mortars continuously on the roof .
It was a long night alone with my thoughts trying to find a answer to some questions.
Eventually I hear the sound of a brown hooded kingfisher greeting the new born day.
As the Darkness lifts so does the heaviness in my soul.--- It is well with my soul I have found Closure—
I have been feeling sorry for myself for being left behind.

As I mount my trusty steed and she barks into life ready to handle all that may come her I set out with a new look on life and things in general.----- It is so good to be alive----with the early morning sun already starting to show its teeth—I am at ease with everything and my steed and I are once again one living-moving thing in total harmony.

I see everything with new eyes that are no longer clouded with grief and despair.
I ride into what seems to be a white fairytale land from a children’s movie.------

White Butterflies millions of them. Some land up squashed on impact on my goggles. I see they have no blood in them –only green and yellow mush-and yet they breathe and live. Kilometer after kilometer the butterflies keep on gracing the air with their beauty. Splat” another one decides to fly into my goggles—I need to stop and clean them as I no longer can see clearly. I stop at a slow flowing river and while cleaning them I realize --is this not just like Life—All these little things that block our vision from time to time and if we do not stop to clean them out our-- vision will stay hazy and blurred forever.

I come across some Rhino-Kudu-Eland-Gemsbok-Water monitor-impala-Vervet monkey-baboons-Giraffe-warthog-and even a Cheetah. What a treat to be alone and able to just park off and enjoy this moment in time consumed by the beauty of all nature that engulfs me.
My first thoughts are—I Need to share this with fellow riders who enjoy what we all do –
Today has been a good day-I am ready for what life has to throw at me and I have friend’s out there.

Some pics of Day 2.

Day 3 and 4 are not important to anyone else –but myself. As the song Goes by U2—Have you found what you are looking for?

The answer to that is—YES. I have found Healing and Closure.

On my way back home I heard a voice behind me call—Blazes-When I had stopped at a garage to fuel up. My heart skipped a beat as I turned around to look into the eyes of someone who sounded and even resembled IEP. It was his Son. Coinincidence ?

He said to me---I want to come ride with you.

If you have but only one drop of your Fathers blood flowing through your veins Shaun—I will gladly ride with you—and even show you the places your Father loved so much.
And maybe one day if you have children of your own you can leave a legacy behind for them as your father has-and be called ------------Friend by many.

dsc01693a.jpg

dsc01695.jpg

dsc01694y.jpg

dsc01696x.jpg

dsc01643v.jpg

dsc01689v.jpg

dsc01654j.jpg

dsc01659e.jpg

dsc01663k.jpg

dsc01675s.jpg

dsc01677o.jpg

dsc01682z.jpg

dsc01681b.jpg

dsc01686u.jpg

dsc01688i.jpg

dsc01687.jpg

Just in closing--will i run off to another country  and leave behind this beauty that surrounds us and is FREE ?

NO-- i will enjoy it no matter what the cost may be--Together we can and should enjoy this gift at our doorstep and good Friendships we have and will still form-------------------------------------------------------------------------------